Maximum Cashpoint Withdrawal?

Soldato
It depends on you, your card, and your bank. For Natwest/RBS a maestro card would have a daily withdrawl limit of £250/£300. This would be higher for customers who request it or who have a lot of money.
Your bank should be able to confirm it for you if you call customer services. You're not going to get £1500 out tonight though.

Soldato
Frank Butcher said:
For large cash withdrawls I think you need to let your local branch know in advance and book to collect it.
Hmm, I popped into the branch up from work with my passport and drew out £4k in cash, they gave it in £20's admittedly due to a lack of anything higher :p

I think the advance warning is just so they can make sure they have the cash ready rather than a security procedure :)

In respect of the OP - no chance! :p

Soldato
Frank Butcher said:
For large cash withdrawls I think you need to let your local branch know in advance and book to collect it.

ditto

I tried to get 1500 cash out in a branch without telling them in advance and they said the max was 500 but because I was so nice they let me have a grand.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Natwest did me £3500 over the counter with no prior booking, just walked in with driving license/passport and answered a load of random questions.

Cash limit's are usually £250 per day through the wall, although you can get £500 by waiting until midnight and using both days allowance.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The_Judge said:
hmm, i have 3 diff cards, if i withdraw £300 from each and then at midnight do the same again, will that work?

It should if your daily is £300 on each card (will be fine even if its £250 though - more likely), and you have the funds obviously.

Soldato
dynabol said:
Yeah it would work, but don't be surprised if you get a call from your bank(s) wondering if you were getting robbed or something, as it would look quite suspicious...

It's more likely they would block the card and contact him later ;).

daz

daz

Soldato
When you withdraw money late at night, cashpoints should really have a warning "Are you really going to do something positive with this money?", "Do you really need to get this out?"

Soldato
daz said:
When you withdraw money late at night, cashpoints should really have a warning "Are you really going to do something positive with this money?", "Do you really need to get this out?"

"Please call your bank to explain why you need the money" would be much better ;).

Soldato
daz said:

:D

I wish they did, could have saved me thousands over the years!

Soldato
The_Judge said:
lol! nah, i wouldnt waste money like that, local cash game going down with a lot of fish involved, too good to pass up, should see a significant return on my money.
"should" let us know how it goes, what sort of blinds you playing?

Back
Top Bottom