Any man vs food type diners around London?

Soldato
I've actually sat watching a Man vs Food episode, getting myself "worked up" before heading off to Bodeans for a feast. Such a let down. Their quality of meat is poor, and my local one by Tower Hill is (as expected) just a tourist trap. Been to the one in Clapham and thought it was nothing special - although i had just spent 4 months eating BBQ in the US, so my standards were pretty high at this point! :D

As someone mentioned, Hawksmoor is a good shout. Went again last night to their new Guildhall restaurant, and they've got a couple of options (although this would probably be a more "English" take on Man vs Food):

MEAT FEASTS

These are NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED or those with a quick 45 minutes to spare for lunch. They are intended to share and require 48 hours notice.

MIXED GRILL FOR 3 TO 4 160.00
Beef, Bacon, Veal & Mutton Chops; Veal Liver & Kidneys; Hawksmoor Sausages; Bone Marrow; Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Onions; Gentleman’s Relish; Beef Dripping Chips

TONGUE TO TAIL BEEF TASTING MENU FOR 8 TO 10 700.00
A seven course tour of a cow Please ask to see a menu.

On the note of fast food, Meat Liquor is excellent. As it's so popular they do try to mvoe you on fairly quickly, but if you keep on ordering drinks and give it an hour you'll be ready for second helpings.

There's also the GoodLife Diner, which has a few restaurants in London. I've only been to the Shoreditch and Carnaby St ones (going to Carnaby St again tomorrow :)) but I reckon they're probably the most authentic diner experience in London: http://www.goodlifediner.com/

Soldato
The items from Man v Food that appeal to me most is the BBQ. I've searched but there's nothing like that over hear.

I don't really see the point in a 3lb burrito, 12 egg omelet, car tire pancakes, 50" pizzas because if you're still hungry after a normal one you can always have another and a large one is just going to get cold.

The BBQ on the other hand just looks delicious. Pulled pork/beef, ribs, slow roast brisket. I'm seriously thinking of starting a restaurant but I fear the cost of meat in this country would be prohibitive.

Try Bem Brazil, all you can eat bbq style meats. Waiters with bbq'd lamb legs carving them on to your plate, lush.

Back
Top Bottom