*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyone got advice for what im doing wrong?

I got to the end of act 3 nm playing on my own without too much hassle, but now im getting constantly raped by elite packs (heart of sin area). As soon as they are fast & vortexing with heavy hits, i die in <1s even with 13k hp (lvl 48 DH). All the other enemies go down in 1-2 hits, but the elites are harder than the act bosses IMO.

I've bought new items from AH, tried farming earlier parts of act 3 (which seem to give hardly any XP), but it's not helping me get past these areas.

Anything else I should be doing?

Run around! ;)

Try and draw them one by one or if not concentrate all your attacks on one of the group, once you have killed one it makes it a lot easier.

Illusionist & Arcane and Extra Health is the worst!

Associate
Anyone got a decent idea of resistances needed to progress through Act 2 inferno as barb?

I managed Act 1 with none, just stacked vit & str, sword n board. Had about 65k hp and 10k dps. Wasn't to bad....Act 2 was a diff story, i crawled my way to Magda and had to kite to kill. Gave up after that as it was clear i was undergeared.

Now im sitting on around 250 resist all (300-400 with warcry), 50k hp, 11k dps and can cruise Act 1 champs DW'ing. Just curious if I'll still get my arse handed to me in act 2 with those resists. I should really just wait until i get home to find out but heh....saves me wasting time dying tonight if anyone knows.

Associate
Anyone got a decent idea of resistances needed to progress through Act 2 inferno as barb?

I managed Act 1 with none, just stacked vit & str, sword n board. Had about 65k hp and 10k dps. Wasn't to bad....Act 2 was a diff story, i crawled my way to Magda and had to kite to kill. Gave up after that as it was clear i was undergeared.

Now im sitting on around 250 resist all (300-400 with warcry), 50k hp, 11k dps and can cruise Act 1 champs DW'ing. Just curious if I'll still get my arse handed to me in act 2 with those resists. I should really just wait until i get home to find out but heh....saves me wasting time dying tonight if anyone knows.

Resists for act 2 should be around 600/700+ at least with warcry. My barb is sitting at 750ish resist, 40k hp and 10k dps - still feels squishy but its doable in Act 2. Act 3 is a different story! Have rolled WD anyway as one of my mates plays a Barb now so didnt want 2 in same group!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all,

Currently playing DH in act 2 hell. I am level 54 and am starting to think a bit more about my build. I use the following with a 2h bow and quiver. Traps and vault are lifesavers, I know a lot of people use smoke screen but I never know how to use it best. It doesn't seem to last long enough to make a getaway!

Fan of knives comes in handy in act 4 and when surrounded by enemies and multishot is always good for clearing groups.

Can you let me know where your builds differ and why? I have never used a turret or companion so not sure to include them and have stuck with entangling shot since normal!

Also, is there any reason to change my passive skills?

d3dh.png

Soldato
I have that recipe as well plus 2x helm versions. I just left them on the stash as upgrading the blacksmith to make use of them seems a waste at the moment

Heh, my BS was L10 Yonks ago...

Question for people...

Is it just me or:
1) Do Auctions that you create now only last 1day 12 hours, rather than 2 days.
2) Have they reset the achievement data starting point.
For the second one, I should explain. Yesterday, as an example, I'd completed the kill 20 treasure goblins achievement, and had killed a further 55 for the out of 100 achievement, to give me a total of 75.
This morning I've logged on. I still have all my past achievements, but now my achievements I was working on, seemed to have reset. So now I'm back to 2/100 for the 100 achievement... Another example is my collect 5m gold has been reset back to 0, so I'm now on about 50k/5m, rather than the 2.4m I was on yesterday...
It's also reset my target for 1m gold. So whilst, it says, yes you have the 1m gold achievement, it still says I've collected only 50k/5m on the progress bar.... New bug, servers going down later I suspect xD
Oddly though, on the Kill 500 champions coop achievement, it's kept my progress... I'm still at 161/500...
Just wondering if this is just me or everyone?

kd

Last edited:
Associate
Yeh the AH time has been reduced to 36 hours, was in recent patch notes.

The Achievement system was dodgy on release. I think it reset every so often. Not sure on current status, i thought it was "fixed"

Associate
Resists for act 2 shoudl be around 600/700+ at least with warcry. My barb is sitting at 750ish resist, 40k hp and 10k dps - still feels squishy but its doable in Act 2. Act 3 is a different story! Have rolled WD anyway as one of my mates plays a Barb now so didnt want 2 in same group!

Thanks for that, guess I'll be working act 1 a bit more tonight then. Or trolling the AH for cheap deals which are surprisingly frequent!

Also, just read total MF from items is split across group members so if you have 100% from items solo and you grp with another chap with 0% its halved to 50% for the group. Anyone know that? Could be bs.

Soldato
Act 2 I was rocking up with 600 All, 1000 Phys. You can do it with slightly less mind. Don't get me started on what's required for Act 3 :p

I'm currently at 882/1168, (buffed). Act 2 is most things are fine, but some mobs can cause an issue. Act 3 is don't even go there yet still. Problem really is keeping up a high enough DPS. I kind of feel if I was back at 20k+ dps it would be fine. But getting all that res + the vit you need means that DPS is down at about 10-15k. That's with a 725 dps One hander....

No idea about the group MF thing, but I do know that you get 1/5 of your followers. So if you loaded your follower up to say 100 MF (god knows how), then it would give you a 20% boost in MF.

kd

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you let me know where your builds differ and why? I have never used a turret or companion so not sure to include them and have stuck with entangling shot since normal!

Use Bat Companion, or quit the game. 6 Hatred per second is the most colossal DPS upgrade you can possibly have. You will also not find anyone outside Inferno not using Smoke Screen [Lingering Fog] - even nerfed, 1.5s invulnerability and threat drop is too good to pass up.

Hungering Shot [Devouring Arrow] is probably the best DPS for your Hatred generator; use it until you really need to start avoiding things. At 54 the best DPS/Hatred spender is Elemental Arrow [Ball Lightning]. I can't recall what level the Scatter Rune for Spike Trap unlocks, but that should be your device once it does - until then, use Sentry with a rune of your choice (duration is good). For Archery you can get away with most things; I prefer Rain of Vengeance [Stampede] for the knockback.

As for passives, Sharpshooter and Archery are basically compulsory. The synergy is huge, especially when using a 2H crossbow where you can guarantee opening a fight with six-figure AOE crits.

Soldato
Hi all,

Currently playing DH in act 2 hell. I am level 54 and am starting to think a bit more about my build. I use the following with a 2h bow and quiver. Traps and vault are lifesavers, I know a lot of people use smoke screen but I never know how to use it best. It doesn't seem to last long enough to make a getaway!

Fan of knives comes in handy in act 4 and when surrounded by enemies and multishot is always good for clearing groups.

My build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRjVXT!eTY!YcacZZ

Hungering arrow is great for single target DPS, then you have NT which hit enemies multiple times for AoE DPS (The bigger the target, the more times each shot hits).

Marked for Death I MAY switch out (Not sure yet), but that's only because of reflect damage mobs giving me grief in inferno. Preperation to get back discipline for Smoke screen, smoke screen is of course mandatory for any DH and Bat companion for hatred regeneration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom