• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anybody bought a PoV GTX465 recently?

Associate
Hi

I'm looking for some info on the point of view 465 in particular. What i want to know is how many memory chips are on the card?

The reason i ask is that after doing some research, it seems that 3 models of GTX465's were unlockable to the full GTX470. These were the PNY model with a black PCB, the limited addition MSI Golden Sample and the Point of View card.

All these cards originally shipped with 10 memory chips total, even though the 465 only uses 8. I know since then that the PNY model is now shipping with a blue PCB featuring 8 memory chips but i cant find any info at all on the PoV model and if it was updated or not.

If anybody has bought one recently from OcUk i'd appriciate it if you could have a look and let me know. Should look like this

gtx465_pcb1.jpg

You can clearly see the 10 black memory chips around the core.

Associate
OP
Well i took the gamble and ordered one. Arrived earlier today and i have just striped it naked to reveal this.

2w3q0du.jpg

Yep, thats 10 memory chips and a GF100-275 core. Identical to the 470! Going to reassemble it now and see if i can flash it. Fingers crossed :D

Associate
OP
It worked perfectly :D Had an issue with the flashing but got it to work eventually.

Just ran 3Dmark Vantage on performance mode and my GPU score went from 8100 to 14901! :eek:

Well chuffed :)

Soldato
Don't think its such as massive gamble seen as on PoV site it states that their gtx 465 is actually 470 under the hood.

You just proved that what oc uk got in stock are actually 470's.

Soldato
Well I just ordered one of these myself.

I needed a second card for my other machine, I wanted Mafia II and I fancy having a play with what could be a GTX470.

I was going to get Mafia II anyway so even if this doesn't flash I would still have got the card for ~ £145.

Wish me luck :D

Soldato
It worked perfectly :D Had an issue with the flashing but got it to work eventually.

Just ran 3Dmark Vantage on performance mode and my GPU score went from 8100 to 14901! :eek:

Well chuffed :)

Hi mate,

Do you have a link to the BIOS you used.

Also did you follow the normal guide of using nv flash?

Associate
Don't think its such as massive gamble seen as on PoV site it states that their gtx 465 is actually 470 under the hood.

You just proved that what oc uk got in stock are actually 470's.

I could n't see it saying that anywhere on the POV site. Can you link it?

Tempted to take a gamble on this myself , did the same along time ago to unlock some pipes on a card, can't remember what it was now but its always a risk. If it does n't flash I really would n't want a 465.

Soldato
I could n't see it saying that anywhere on the POV site. Can you link it?

Tempted to take a gamble on this myself , did the same along time ago to unlock some pipes on a card, can't remember what it was now but its always a risk. If it does n't flash I really would n't want a 465.

as was said before, if its not 470 just send it back under Distant selling regulation. By law if I remember correctly they must even refund the delivering costs too (they didn't when I used DSR but I didn't mind it).

http://www.pointofview-online.com/default2.php?content_id=2&news_mode=detail&news_id=91

Back
Top Bottom