*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Utnac what bracket of games do you play in Dota? High or Very High?

Myself and a mate are considering forming a team but don't want skill levels to vary so much that people get frustrated. I.e. If you're in very high and pretty well into it you'd be a fair bit above us.

Associate
Utnac what bracket of games do you play in Dota? High or Very High?

Myself and a mate are considering forming a team but don't want skill levels to vary so much that people get frustrated. I.e. If you're in very high and pretty well into it you'd be a fair bit above us.

I don't honestly know what you mean by skill levels, guessing that's a new feature because I havn't played for a few months now but I'd rate myself high rather then very high, I'm certainly no pro but I don't think I'm too far below that sort of level, I'm more interested in communication and personality/attitude from people I play with, sick to death of russians.

Permabanned
I don't honestly know what you mean by skill levels, guessing that's a new feature because I havn't played for a few months now but I'd rate myself high rather then very high, I'm certainly no pro but I don't think I'm too far below that sort of level, I'm more interested in communication and personality/attitude from people I play with, sick to death of russians.

In Russia, I self improvement you

Caporegime
OP

Can certainly scrim together, I can get mad but won't start insulting people just be like '**** this game' :p.

I do like to use xaxaxa/cyka/ye6ak from time to time, my full russian vocabulary.

Also if you hit 'watch' tab and type in your name you can select medium high and very high brackets, so if you have replays in very high you are in that bracket.

Soldato
I randomed Ursa once, and have never looked back (Sorry, Jakiro). By Lv10 you can solo Roshan with Lv4 fury swipes and Vlad's Offering, its just silly. Plus nobody seems to see it coming, you could just as well be jungling so you can usually do it twice a game before the enemy team catches on. And he gets so powerful at the high levels, I've been able to load him up with some silly items. Plus if you get him as much hp as possible, not only does it make him last longer, it makes his ulti even more powerful.

Associate
I randomed Ursa once, and have never looked back (Sorry, Jakiro). By Lv10 you can solo Roshan with Lv4 fury swipes and Vlad's Offering, its just silly. Plus nobody seems to see it coming, you could just as well be jungling so you can usually do it twice a game before the enemy team catches on. And he gets so powerful at the high levels, I've been able to load him up with some silly items. Plus if you get him as much hp as possible, not only does it make him last longer, it makes his ulti even more powerful.

You can rosh him by lvl 6 and 7 the latest. Lvl 10 is quite late :)

Caporegime
OP
Also iviv if you find people have warded it and try to come gank you try buying smoke if deceit and using it in your jungle before running in

Caporegime
OP
Latest test notes - 17th October 2012

Test Update for October 17th
Added a Hall of Fame section to the community tab, featuring a different group of high skill players each week.
Added a Team Browser section to the community tab. This shows teams that have participated in leagues that are available through the client.
Added a Replays Highlight option when watching games. Watch the best moments from a match with a click of a button.

GAMEPLAY
Dark Seer Fixed Ion Shell damage interval and it triggering Cold Snap
Disruptor: Fixed Glimpse interaction with invulnerable units
Magnus: Fixed enemies being able to cast and attack while in Skewer pull
Rubick: Fixed Telekinesis Land sub ability proccing magic stick
Viper: Fixed Nethertoxin damage not being critable
Visage: Fixed Familias attack timings taking much longer than intended
Fixed Illusions placing Orb of Venom debuff

UI
Added a right click option for some items to alert allies that you want to cast them (Arcane Boots, Smoke, Mekansm)
Fixed being able to sometimes move your hero before hero picking was done
Enabled pause cooldown in co-op bot games.
Fixed various hero swap bugs
Fixed HUD element covering Armor bonus values in 4:3

VISUALS & AUDIO
Increased Magnus model size
Fixed Ravage visual timings
Fixed some buffs not showing the correct cooldown frame ( slight gap at the top for aura provided buffs )
Tweaking the scale and offset of visage and his units
Tweaks for some neutral creep sounds, generally reducing volume and increasing range

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
Fixed a bug that caused some items to not be equippable for Morphling and other heroes that recently had their item slots shuffled.
Fixed Doombringer's missing tail.
Fixed the 'Uldorak's Hide' set not properly displaying as a set of items.
Reduced the size of the stumpy treants created by Nature's Prophet when using the Call of the Dendrochron.
Fixed Invoker's head disappearing when head items were equipped. These items may need to be re-equipped.
Fixed a bug with Multi-Hero Chronosphere not detecting its scoring condition.
Fixed several item sets having incorrectly tagged rarities, relative to the contents of the set.
Fixed Sword of Sir Davion being white for some users.
Fixed overly bright specular on the Runed AiIlettes.

BOTS
Fixed bug that would cause bots to not ever want to go to the Secret Shop if they want to buy a TP scroll.
Fixed bug where bots would always think they could push towers unopposed.- Optimized tango tree search.
Juggernaut bot now better estimates Omnislash damage (will no longer think it'll bounce to out-of-range creeps).
Bots will now consider whether their laning opponents are ranged or not to determine their desired lane position.
When a hero is farming a lane, bot desire to push that lane is now lessened.
Lowered the desire to help out with an under-control tower defense when in the laning phase.
Fixed incoming defense evaluation.
Lowered defend desire when not in late game.
Adjusted Juggernaut's loadout.
Made Blade Fury focus on its target better
Trying something different with determining when and how to lead a target.
Bots laning with a hard carry should now harass enemies more.

The new clan/hall of fame/replay stuff sounds awesome, really hoping for some Windrunner cosmetics finally bloody released, will have to see Cyborgmatt's analysis later if they are.

Also Roshan courier looks awesome :D

Soldato
Ursa stomps lower tier games in my opinion because no one likes playing disablers. If you see him being picked on the opposite team you can ward 2 of his camps straight away and make his life harder (take veng, stun + swap is hugely crippling to him) or take something that will allow your team mates to do a blitz followup like chaos knight / tide etc... I honestly think naix carries quicker now though if you like playing pve, 6 second free BKB + changes to armulet allow you to rip people up and toggling armulet gives incredible survival.

Might be worth putting joindota.com in the top post as it has schedules for all pro matches + links etc...

Permabanned
I sat down last night with full intentions to learn and actually play the game, however it simply seems impossible for noobs to get into.

So many characters, items, tactics, acronyms etc.

I really want to play, just dont think I ever really well due to this.

Caporegime
OP
I sat down last night with full intentions to learn and actually play the game, however it simply seems impossible for noobs to get into.

So many characters, items, tactics, acronyms etc.

I really want to play, just dont think I ever really well due to this.

Everyone started out as a noob, simply the best way to learn is play as many heroes as possible getting the gist of how all their spells work, most items that are recommended are usually quite decent and the dota2alttab guides are reasonably decent for skilling your hero.

When you go into a game either pick a hero you want or random, then
- Check out a skill build and have it open on second monitor or ready to alt tab and read what all the skills do (so pick early so you have time).
- Follow the starter items in game or on the guide and continue throughout.
- Play passively in lane if you don't know what the other heroes do until you have seen them pop a few spells and get an idea.
- As for tactics don't worry, listen to team mates and watch where they ping on the map and you will get the hang of it, remember you are likely to be thrown in with people at a very low skill level as well and if you still find it to daunting play bots and also watch pro games so you can see what skills certain heroes do

Might be worth putting joindota.com in the top post as it has schedules for all pro matches + links etc...

Yeah thought I had stuck it in but just Tobi's youtube VODs, cheers :).

This pic, aside from being my favourite dota2 comic, summerises how I feel being a support on 4 carry teams.

Did laugh, main reason why I play captains mode now, queue is only 2-3 minutes and I usually get to be captain and can pick pretty decently.

Permabanned
Is the game played on just 1 map?

Is there any progression to be had? As all levels reset for each new game.

Is there anything which you keep as an overall aim/goal?

Back
Top Bottom