Anybody rent a garage/lockup?

Soldato
You are paying 1k a year for a garage. :eek:

I'm paying £516 Per Annum / £43.00 Per Month for a tiny lock up garage for one of our cars. As has previously been said it's basically for piece of mind overnight knowing my cars going to be safe.

I've already offered to buy the garage from our local council but they've refused, suppose it makes more sense financially if someone continuously pays monthly rent :(

Soldato
I'm paying £516 Per Annum / £43.00 Per Month for a tiny lock up garage for one of our cars. As has previously been said it's basically for piece of mind overnight knowing my cars going to be safe.

I've already offered to buy the garage from our local council but they've refused, suppose it makes more sense financially if someone continuously pays monthly rent :(

Oh I agree if you are going to be using it ever night then thats fine, not sure if agw will though, could be wrong.

Associate
OP
I need space for at least 2 cars with room to work on them too. Which bumps the price up and the difficulty in finding any!

My uncle (and 3 of his mates) pay £400 p/m (between them) for a unit big enough to fit 10 cars! Also has W/C, office, hot/cold water, electricity and attic space for storage! And a large yard big enough for another 10 or so cars! Bit of a bargain but i think its a case of 'right place, right time'.

Need to find myself something like that only on a slightly smaller scale! lol

The search continues!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh I agree if you are going to be using it ever night then thats fine, not sure if agw will though, could be wrong.

I'm not getting it as a permanent place to park my car, I'm getting it so that I can do big jobs without the need to leave the car in bits on the street.

I know I won't use it all of the time, but having the unit there will be beneficial to me as I'll be able to work on the car any time of the year whatever the weather.

The way I see it, £20 a week isn't a lot of money, because in the long run it'll pay for itself. I won't need to cart the car off to a bodyshop for some spray work or a mechanics to get the clutch/gearbox changed.

:)

Soldato
Ive tried quite a few times to find some place to work on the car in our area, never had much luck. Hate working outside, especially in this weather.

Associate
I pay £70 a month inc services for my bay 10mx3m (although 1/2 needs to be kept fairly clear for access..) in this shed...

large.jpg

Jonathan

Soldato
When I was looking for a central parking space\garage last year I spoke to the council.

3 year waiting list here. Then you go look for private lets, and half of them are council ones, being sublet :mad. No wonder there's a queue...

Soldato
I pay £100 a month for a single garage, which you can fit a van in, a double garage which you can fit two cars in plus over head storage etc, comes with a yard outside with loads of room and outside storage which you could fit 4 cars in if it was all clear. Pretty big and loads of room so worth the money. Even though its full of cars and car bits at the moment :p

Back
Top Bottom