What do you think of this Gaming Rig

Associate
I am looking to spend about £900 - £1200 on a gaming rig, I know its a lot to ask but can you give me a idea of the components i should be looking at? Phenom II x6 or i5 (sandybridge) nividia 580 vs ati 6970 . What am i looking at for the price? Will it be able to run the latest games at a reasonable fps or will it crumble at the sight of Crysis 2 ? Would be great if someone could give me a list of components to use. Thanks.
Oh I'm using a 1920x1080 Resolution monitor if that helps!
Edit : Is the new AMD Bulldozer processors worth waiting for or is Intel the way to go?

Last edited:
Associate
I'd remove the link mate, no competitors on here.

Also for that budget I'd go with sandybridge over phenom. Take a look at the i5 2500k, seems to be the best gaming CPU for your money.

Associate
Persnally im waiting for Bulldozer. but if you really need a computer now it has to be sandybridge i5. the wait for bulldozer is a long one, but im hoping it will be worth the wait

Associate
Theres also new intel processors due q3 or q4, cant remember of the top of my head but i think theyre x78 platform theyre gonna eat everything...

If you mean IvyBridge, I think it will be near SB performance (same socket) but will be less nm, so probably less temperatures and so on. Which will probably mean more overclocking. I could be wrong though!

EDIT: ok you don't mean IB, in that caseas said above OP should go for SB it will last very long.

Back
Top Bottom