Imei blocked HTC desire HD can you pay network to unblock ?

C64

C64

Soldato
Have a non claimed lost property/given away phone have looked up the IMEI etc it's not reported stolen or anything dodgy just blocked so it looks like it was an unpaid contract or similar and the person didn't want to pay the bill so just gave it away and they blocked it.Can you call around the networks to get it unblocked legally again at a price ? what is supposed to happen to IMEI blocked phones ? how do you find out which network can un IMEI block it for a cost ? It's not on the stolen list just blocked ie unpaid contract.

How would one find out which network the phone belongs to so can return or whatever but I am sure they would rather unblock it at a price ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't take offense but I treat all these threads as suspect from the start.

Network identification is a case of either obvious brand or by checking the SIM card in the back of it. It's ONLY blockable by the account holder and only unblockable by the account holder too on provision of password. If an insurer writes it off then the phone becomes permanently blocked and has a reference to the police incident number IIRC.
What does happen when a phone gets blocked is the IMEI (and SIM ID) get copied into the blacklist database which is consulted every time a phone attempts to join any network with the standard network handshake. If you're on the blacklist you don't get to be on any UK network.

It's honestly likely been written off as lost in the db rather than unpaid, the other thread was different in this regard (she was flogging for either insurance scam or unpaid bill and needed the money).

You made me laugh though, "can i get a stolen phone unblocked if i nudge the network £20" is another way of looking at your request :)

C64

C64

Soldato
OP
Don't take offense but I treat all these threads as suspect from the start.

Network identification is a case of either obvious brand or by checking the SIM card in the back of it. It's ONLY blockable by the account holder and only unblockable by the account holder too on provision of password. If an insurer writes it off then the phone becomes permanently blocked and has a reference to the police incident number IIRC.
What does happen when a phone gets blocked is the IMEI (and SIM ID) get copied into the blacklist database which is consulted every time a phone attempts to join any network with the standard network handshake. If you're on the blacklist you don't get to be on any UK network.

It's honestly likely been written off as lost in the db rather than unpaid, the other thread was different in this regard (she was flogging for either insurance scam or unpaid bill and needed the money).

You made me laugh though, "can i get a stolen phone unblocked if i nudge the network £20" is another way of looking at your request :)

No it's not stolen ffs if it were it would be on the stolen list anyway have emailed HTC to find out nothing dodgy at all going on.
I want to get it unblocked by the network for cost how is that remotely dodgy if it were dodgy I'd be asking how to unblock it not asking which network / HTC themselves to contact to get it unblocked.

So no it's not another way of looking at it thank you very much it's not stolen offense taken.

I am merely asking if you can pay the network or whoever the money is owed to to get it unbricked legally and above board.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom