DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfather
Godfather
OP
Odin. I hear what you are saying and I may have some good news for you.

DPD are already working out to be a massive improvement to our UK business and I'm really glad we made the change.

As you may or may not know DHL International, which you have been using, are a totally seperate division from DHL UK, whose abysmal performance is responsible for this change. We have an accounting issue to resolve with DHL International - a £50K overcharge since October - but as soon as it is, which I hope will be within the next week, we'll be reinstating the DHL International service :)

Associate
Actually wanted to buy something yesterday. Put it in the basket for later and delivery cost was £8.50. This afternoon I came back to purchase and delivery became £9.50 for the same next day! Why?

Additionally with these prices a simple delivery of a CPU (which is a little box 100 grams) to London costs £7.75! That is way too expensive! With CityLink it would have been around £6.

Last edited:
Godfather
Godfather
OP
We haven't used City-Link for nearly 6 months but with DHL 100g was £6.99 and with DPD it is £7. All plus VAT but I can guarantee DPD are in a different league from City-Link or DHL. So far this week we haven't had a loss or any damage. With the above couriers we would get between 5 and 10 per day.

I was offered a next day courier contract at £3 per parcel. Did some research and the service was crap. I'm happy we've chosen the right company. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Associate
Been an OCUK customer since the start.

City Link were poor and ruined at least 2 of your top of the Range PC's that had to be sent back.

DHL started really well, I mean REALLY well, they were superb, then the last year or so they have been really poor. Damaged boxes mostly for me. The worse bit was they were NEVER on time for me, EVER.

Lets hope these dudes do well.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
The 2 biggest problems with DHL were an incredible number of damages and failed collections. Apart from that they were OK, but as an overall package they simply didn't make the grade.

Associate
The 2 biggest problems with DHL were an incredible number of damages and failed collections. Apart from that they were OK, but as an overall package they simply didn't make the grade.

The lack of collections then may attribute to the never arriving on time issues I always seemed to have had.

Pretty much every box I got was damaged. Luckily the stuff inside was ok.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
The lack of collections then may attribute to the never arriving on time issues I always seemed to have had.

Pretty much every box I got was damaged. Luckily the stuff inside was ok.
Just had a look at your user profile and realised who you are. Long time no speak LS :)

Soldato
I have frequent contact with DPD through work, I work for a telecomms firm and we ship out a good 20 or 30 packages a day, and recieve at least 10 ourselves.

I can say, that in the 6 months I've been back doing this, not had a single one of our deliveries arrive late or damaged, and theres been no complaint from customers about the service.

DPD get a huge thumbs up from me!

Soldato
Netgear RMA's use DPD, I've had DPD back to me several times cos of my faulty Netgear products, and they where great every time.

One thing I do like about them (which I'd hope OCUK would do) is that do straight swaps at the door on RMA products. Cost a few quid more, but they come with the RMA product, and swap it with the faulty one at the door, love that!

There again, not sure if thats a DPD specific thing, or a Netgear specific thing? Would DHL do that?

Soldato
I'll definitely be glad to see the back of DHL.

I bought a 24" monitor just before Christmas, an old lady in a Hyundai Getz delivered it to my office, she had to get me to out to the car because it was too heavy for her to lift and there were 3 small children in the back as well.

Painted a really poor picture of DHL to me and surely did not represent the how OcUK wanted their products to be delivered.

Soldato
I ordered a new drive yesterday and was worried about delivery as the intercom system on my building is not currently working.

A short while ago, I received a phone call from the DPD guy telling me he was outside my building. Wooo. A phone call before carding is awesome!! Great service!!

Soldato
One thing I do like about them (which I'd hope OCUK would do) is that do straight swaps at the door on RMA products. Cost a few quid more, but they come with the RMA product, and swap it with the faulty one at the door, love that!

There again, not sure if thats a DPD specific thing, or a Netgear specific thing? Would DHL do that?

That sounds awesome, hopefully not just a netgear specific thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom