PS4 Warframe - Players, trading etc.

Soldato
Didn't see a thread about Warframe on here.

Anyone else playing this? I tried it on PC ages ago and couldn't get into it, but I've been playing it daily since I downloaded it on PS4 and I'm really enjoying it.

If anyone is giving it a go I don't mind helping out some new guys too even though I'm no expert myself. Also wondered if anyone would be interested in setting up an OcUK clan and stuff so we can team up to do some missions.

Soldato
I've been playing it and think it's a great game.. I'm not very far into it though :(

I'm probably not going to be playing it much over the next week or so though due to that Christmas thing spoiling everything.. bah humbug.. but I'll add you when I'm next on

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Sounds good. I guess not many from here are playing it, surprising. It's like a better version of mass effect 3 co-op. Though it's got micro transactions which may put people off.

Soldato
You can play it single player, co-op with 4 people, whichever way you like really..

Although it has micro-transactions it never forces you to do it, I actually bought some stuff just for cosmetic touches, I didn't need to but did it to support the developers as I think it's that good.

Associate
Played this about 50 hours since launch, done all but 2-3 maps I think, have 6 level 30 frames and a dozen weapons.

Safe to say I am loving it, didn't need to but spent a good £50 on plat just to support the devs.

Anyone know of any decent Euro clans?

Soldato
OP
I don't know of an EU Clan, was thinking we could set up an OcUK clan if we have enough guys who want in? Wont be exclusive UK, but can get mostly EU/UK guys in.

Also yeah, plat prices for PS4 are too high. It's ridiculous.

Add me to PSN guys, I will get some games in with you :)

Soldato
I don't know of an EU Clan, was thinking we could set up an OcUK clan if we have enough guys who want in? Wont be exclusive UK, but can get mostly EU/UK guys in.

Also yeah, plat prices for PS4 are too high. It's ridiculous.

Add me to PSN guys, I will get some games in with you :)

I'll add you. Need people to play this with.

They definitely need to sort platinum prices out. I've no problem with supporting the devs but when it will cost something like £20 for 2 or 3 weapons they've got no chance. It should be £1 per 100 platinum, not £22 for only 750(I think that's what it is).

Associate
I'll add you. Need people to play this with.

They definitely need to sort platinum prices out. I've no problem with supporting the devs but when it will cost something like £20 for 2 or 3 weapons they've got no chance. It should be £1 per 100 platinum, not £22 for only 750(I think that's what it is).

With the way the game is built you should never buy any warframe or weapon IMO. They're just too quick and easy to get the credits and materials for.

Spending £5-£10 and grabbing colour packs and weapon/frame slots and maybe some potatoes is absolutely all anyone needs.

Caporegime
WTF didnt know this thread existed, only just saw some vids of the game today and I want to play it - definitely up for some co-op once my Warframe has been levelled up a bit. Would love to part of something more organised too. I just need a ninja sword and a bow :p

Whats the best beginner Warframe? Think you can choose from 3 IIRC. Also what should I spend the starter platinum on?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
WTF didnt know this thread existed, only just saw some vids of the game today and I want to play it - definitely up for some co-op once my Warframe has been levelled up a bit. Would love to part of something more organised too. I just need a ninja sword and a bow :p

Whats the best beginner Warframe? Think you can choose from 3 IIRC. Also what should I spend the starter platinum on?

I'd go with Loki. Maybe not the best beginner one, but probably the best from the 3.

Also as said, dont spent money on warframes or weapons, buy Orokin reactors (Later on), formas (Even later on), paints, slots for weapons and warframes.

Caporegime
I'd go with Loki. Maybe not the best beginner one, but probably the best from the 3.

Also as said, dont spent money on warframes or weapons, buy Orokin reactors (Later on), formas (Even later on), paints, slots for weapons and warframes.
Hmm just started it up and found out the choice is now Excalibur, Loki or Mag - thought it was Volt and not Mag - hmmm might check to see how good Mag is...

Soldato
With the way the game is built you should never buy any warframe or weapon IMO. /QUOTE]

That's what I'd like to spend money on to support the devs but the prices mean I won't buy anything at the moment.

If they're wanting people to support them they shouldn't make things so expensive.

Associate
With the way the game is built you should never buy any warframe or weapon IMO. /QUOTE]

That's what I'd like to spend money on to support the devs but the prices mean I won't buy anything at the moment.

If they're wanting people to support them they shouldn't make things so expensive.

Fair enough mate, personally my opinion of the value of this game is the complete opposite.

People are getting 50, 150 and even more hours out of it, a tenner to get the most out of your time spent playing seems incredible value to me.

With regards to which starter frame to pick you can't go wrong with any, they're all great early to mid game and come end game you'll be using another frame and have several to chose from.

Loki with maxed out stealth is great solo and just as great in a group as you get huge cries murdering from stealth. Disarm has some superb uses in the more annoying grineer and corpus defense/survival missions. And decoy has massive use if used strategically with friends to attract and burn down piles of mobs.

Volt was a great choice, especially in corpus missions but he was removed as a choice in update 7 or 8 I think, long before PS4 launch. His parts did drop from J3 golem prior to update 11 and now they are a pig to get from missions, same as banshee.

Mag is fun, another solid choice for early to mid game and mid to end game you're useful in defense stuff to keep the objective safe, as a caster style character you're squishy compared to say Excalibur but stuff won't get close if you play well.

Excalibur is what everyone recommends, personally I didn't enjoy him at start or at 30 with everything maxed. Slash dashing around is fun, radial blind is useful in defense and radial javelin is nice and offensive and has good combos with Frost and Snow Globe.

If I was starting again today I'd go with Loki. If you make mistakes you will get murdered, but you can contribute to a good group and solo you can speed run parkour a lot of the objective missions.

Caporegime
Yeah I went with Loki mainly because of the invis and the extra XP you get when killing unaware enemies - looking to solo him til I get all his start abilities unlocked. Radial Disarm works with Corpus? interesting :)

Hoping to get Nyx, Rhino and maybe Vauban though need to look into what intermediates I need first as I doubt their blueprints will be easy to get straight away. If anyone doesnt mind me tagging along with Alerts while Im still low level Id be grateful.

Unsure when to use the free plat as I doubt Ill main Loki that long - is there anyway to get more plat outside of buying it? Aware of potatoes just unsure of what they do...

PSN is polynomial007

Last edited:
Associate
First advice is don't solo, ever. Unless you have to, I solo when I need to be able to pause (baby just gone to sleep etc).

It's ok to burden your team, if youre the lowest damage person on the scoreboard don't ever feel bad. Personally I'm always happy to run newer players through stuff as you'll get a lot of frame and weapon xp very quickly and your abilities without any leveling on them are still fairly poor. Running pugs as a veteran player you expect to always have people who are new, if anyone ever moans at you just ignore it, it shouldn't ever happen though. Most of the vets are all too happy to show you how quickly they can murder an entire level.

Another benefit of pugging and playing with more experienced players is you will learn how to play well very quickly, from basic slide running to the more advanced parkour that will leave you sat there scratching your head.

Rhino is actually the first frame you will get/build and the best tool for a new player as he buffers you with iron skin and will be a direct contrast to your starter frame so focus there.

Nyx is a fair bit later from a very easy boss, she rocks making things punch the self in the fade is sweet and very group friendly, one of my favourite frames to play.

Vauban is amazing and hilarious, the only frame with a beard! He's probably earnt me my most experience. He can completely trivialize infested content with one of his abilities as you can indefinitely solo defend objectives. You won't get him until the alerts pop which could take weeks or months, completely random.

Just jump on any alert you see, literally every alert I run has 1-2 low noobs (usually Excalibur noobs) tagging along and so long as they aren't trying to melee ancients they don't get in the way, and it only takes 1-2 well played frames to murder content, even level 50+ stuff.

Use the free plat when you need it IMO, which is probably when you make Rhino and earn enough credits to build good weapons, so a potato, slots etc. No way to earn plat currently outside of buying, but do consider spending a tenner if you find you love the game and you're well into double digits of playtime it is money well spent.

Potatoes are upgrades for frames and weapons, gold and blue respectively. Frames and weapons have energy capacity, you get one capacity per level for a maximum of 30 energy at level 30.

Using a potato doubles that capacity for a maximum of 60 at level 30. The benefit of this is using more mods on your frame or weapon. To begin with you won't have many mods and they will all be low level, but when you've got 4-5 mods costing 10-14 energy to use each and a few cheaper ones you need all that capacity.

Caporegime
The problem with Alerts as a noob, as I understand it, is that they dont show up until youve played through the area the Alert is happening in. Whats your PSN Fars as Ill keep an eye if you are about, especially if theres Alerts about :p

Didnt realise you get Rhino so early, seems a nice Frame to start off with. Vauban and Nyx just seem to have some abilities once levelled up really help with Horde modes so good for farming XP.

Ill only solo til Ive got through a few level ups - what are randoms like online?

Back
Top Bottom