A8R32-MVP what is it

Soldato
Isn't that just a 2x16 pci-e version of the current Asus board, or can you for sure determine it has the RD580 chipset ?

*Edit*

A quick look around has this as RD580 chipset with the same ULi SB as on the current Asus board.

Last edited:
Soldato
Manufacturer: Asustek ASUS

Form Factor: ATX

CPU Socket: AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939

FSB Speed: 2000 MHz

Chipset: ULi M1575 :eek:

Memory Type: DDR ECC/Non-ECC Registered

Memory Speed: PC2100 (266)
PC2700 (333)
PC3200 (400)

Memory Capacity: 4GB

On Board VGA: n

Graphics Interface:

SLI: n

Crossfire: y

Expansion Slots: 3 x PCI (32 bit)
1 x PCI-Express (x1)
2 x PCI-Express (x16 Graphics)

SATA: SATA I / II

RAID: SATA RAID

RAID Controller: Silicon Image 3132 Controller

SCSI: n

Back Panel: 2 x 10/100/1000 (LAN)
1 x Coaxial (Phono)
1 x Line In
1 x Line Out
1 x Mic In
1 x Midi/Game
1 x Parallel (LPT)
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x SATA
1 x SPDIF-Out
4 x USB 2.0/1.1

Internal I/O: 1 x 24pin (V)
1 x 4pin (V)
1 x CD-In
1 x Fan Header (V)
1 x Floppy
2 x IDE
2 x IEEE1394
4 x Memory Slots
5 x SATA II
1 x Serial (COM)
2 x USB2.0/1.1

Unique Feature: Ai *** (Non delay Overclocking Feature) - Asus EZ Flash - Q-Fan2 Techology - + Many More ..

Looks like another dog... lol it starred out AI (N O S) Let us know if it will run with USB enabled with an Ipod attached without crashing wont you...

:(

Associate
lol , i haven’t got an ipod , but i will post back , i was going to swap with my bros my dfi for his standard A8R this week but when this appeared i couldn’t resist as I am committed to crossfire so I thought might as well part with some more cash. The one thing with asus is that they will stick at the bios untill its as good as it can be

Associate
andyr said:
lol , i haven’t got an ipod , but i will post back , i was going to swap with my bros my dfi for his standard A8R this week but when this appeared i couldn’t resist as I am committed to crossfire so I thought might as well part with some more cash. The one thing with asus is that they will stick at the bios untill its as good as it can be

that why the 402 bios for the a8r-mvp keeps getting removed from thier site and then reposted , i have a a8r-mvp but i am beginng to think that ASUS have it round there neck usb 2 dont work irq conflicts and unstable voltages, I am in the rethink stage regards this mobo

i hope you have better luck with your new variety

Associate
lordedmond said:
that why the 402 bios for the a8r-mvp keeps getting removed from thier site and then reposted , i have a a8r-mvp but i am beginng to think that ASUS have it round there neck usb 2 dont work irq conflicts and unstable voltages, I am in the rethink stage regards this mobo

i hope you have better luck with your new variety

thanks for that, ill let you know how it goes , id do it now only I got some surgery to do with my case and rad ,
my bros flashed with 402 the other night and he seems more pleased , stable and all and he does loads of video editing and usb stuff so I am surprised he aint complained

Soldato
The 390 was just as bad...

402 was no improvement, but its still on Asus's website, depending on which site you go to...

:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong tho, apart from USB the only other issue is IRQ sharing excessively..

It still rox

:D

Soldato
I actually have 6 USB devices (one a 4 way hub on the monitor with two further devices on it) and don't have any USB issues on shipping, 309 or 402 bios.

My problems were general instability, I flashed to the 402 bios and got warm boot issues, then tried the 309 and got cold boot issues.

I then re-flashed the 402 and its been solid ever since, so try flashing 309 and then flashing 402 and see if that helps you any :)

Yes Suman, its officially not released, I think the supplier made a mistake in shipping the boards as its now listed as not yet available ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Vogon

You say its not USB issues, try disabling the USB's completely, I bet it will solve your problems...

Mine were the same as yours... warm boot, cold boot, all over the shop until I disabled the USB... then perfect...

The same issues are on the Asus forum, over and over again...

Associate
Dr Who said:
Vogon

You say its not USB issues, try disabling the USB's completely, I bet it will solve your problems...

Mine were the same as yours... warm boot, cold boot, all over the shop until I disabled the USB... then perfect...

The same issues are on the Asus forum, over and over again...

these a8r-mvp boards seem very variable in thier behaviour some seem to have usb other instabilty

i have tried flashing the bios up and down and up , i need usb so that has to stay my copy is all over the place , usb mouse goes on walkabout you name it it will do it , but not all the time
mine has a very long post abot 25 sec , altering the amount of ram does not alter it. its out at the monent and a old mb in its place , it may be back burner time until asus sorts it head out

sorry about the moan but it would seem that these mb are not all made equal

thats it for tonite the glenfarclas 105 calls

Associate
i think my bros went fron 2-- to 402 as i was there when he did it , i have asked him to browse this thread and say if he thinks his is better or not

Soldato
Could well be very variable manufacturing ... mine is very happy now with 402 bios ... so I don't need to disable anything :)
Like I mentioned, first flash of bios was iffy, but second time round it went ok :confused:
Either way, its all fine now :)

Caporegime
The problems with my DFI Lanparty continue, just noticed yesterday that while loading windows, my CPU fan decides to stop, then sorta jerks trying to get going, ive gota reset about 5x for it to work properly, i think im lucky as i don't know how long it been doing it for, so its a wonder my CPU aint fried, what an absolute pile this mobo is, where is the quality control as this things a nightmare. :mad:

The USB is crap, it sometimes takes about 3 goes to get the git to power on, sometimes when i connect to the net, when i click ok on ZA to let it on i get a BSOD and a reset sometimes, and it says something about preventing hardware damage, and now ive noticed the ******* CPU fan keeps stopping too!!!!, this boards going back and im never touching DFI again, they are the worst mobos going, first ever one, and its the last!!! ive had Asus and Gigabyte in the past and those have worked flawless, DFI are supposed to good, my ******* ass are they. :mad: :mad:

Soldato
Loadsa, I feel for ya man :(

Just got my opty 175 ... but something tells me this mobo is gonna really limit the oc .... already I can't run 1T @ 500DDR on my new memory ...not sure if its specific to this board, this chipset, or the actual mem .. posted on Corsair forums to see if they can help.

If you are not into clocking this board is fine ... but I feel some limitations arriving now I am going off to play with the opty ... crosses fingers !

Caporegime
Well very odd, decided to leave it running to see what it would do, as ive just been out, when it gets to the windows XP with the blue bar it stops, then it start to like jerk around couple of times, then when the logging onto windows bit comes on or whatever it is, it kicks into life and starts spinning normally, but sure ly that can't be right, im thinking it could be the cool'n'quiet doing it, as it doesnt stop for long, well maybe about 10secs, but im paranoid now thinking what if it stops then doesn't kick back in. :eek: :(

No im not into clocking Vogon, i just run everything stock, so if the board will be fine for that, then it'll do me, just gota get rid of this heap.

Looks like ill picking the Asus up in a couple of days then.

Good luck with the opty. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I sent you one earlier on m8, well ive found out that the CPU fan stopping is normal, it only does it when its first swithed on, it throttles the fan, but if the temp is below 25 then it stops alltogether, then obviously when it gets above its kicks back in, thats why after id reset it a few times to keep it on, that it did stay on as it had warmed up a bit, and ive tested it a few times with resetting, and its always on now, so it only stops when its been switched off, as the temp is low. :D

Im still thinking of getting the Asus board though, this is terribly unstable what with the other probs im having still, and im after a new case to, so i may as well go the whole hog. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom