• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CUDACoin Effective Nvidia CUDA Mining Finally Here. Protoshares Update Could Signal the End of AMD M

Permabanned
There was a small window of about 2 weeks where it was possible to make a tidy profit but it all flopped very quickly after that.

The only way I can see it paying off is if you farm 24/7 and then wait till they hit a high again if they ever do.

Soldato
There was a small window of about 2 weeks where it was possible to make a tidy profit but it all flopped very quickly after that.

The only way I can see it paying off is if you farm 24/7 and then wait till they hit a high again if they ever do.

Do you even mine bro?

Soldato
Define 'loadsamoney' ? Taking into account running and initial outlay costs - genuinely interested, as I said earlier its not something I've taken much notice of apart from PSU prices getting £50 added to them when I needed to buy one :mad:

OcUK Staff

You should take a look here:-
http://dustcoin.com/

Use the calculations at the bottom to work out your profit after power usage.

I am making £1000 a month tax free from mining litecoin and am loading up on Worldcoin too, hoping to mine a few thousand under my belt and then hope for them to one day hopefully hit $1 or more. If you dabble in the currencies and say sell on highs and mine on lows like people have being doing with Dogecoin its actually possible to double/triple the above if your willing to put the time in.

Its a reality, one which is catching on, values in a year could sky rocket or become worthless, but if you sell monthly there is profits to be made, some very good profits if you trade the different coins.

Hang onto them you could make a fortune or making nothing.

So its profitable right now, even with things not at recent highs. :)

At the end of the day I can still sell the hardware should I decide to stop mining, but right now there are plenty of people out there making lots of money from this game and all tax free.

So far I am over £1000 in profit, hopefully by the end of the year that will be over 10k, one can hope, and if values sky rocket hey I could get lucky like my mate and bag over 100k from this mining lark. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
You should take a look here:-
http://dustcoin.com/

Use the calculations at the bottom to work out your profit after power usage.

Am I using that right, where 3000k/hs = $1.40 dogecoin per hour? And the average say R9 290 will pull around 850k/hs ($0.40p/h)? Not taking into account $/kwh as i'm not sure what rates for those are (my mrs sorts out the gas and leccy ;))

Soldato
Define 'loadsamoney' ? Taking into account running and initial outlay costs - genuinely interested, as I said earlier its not something I've taken much notice of apart from PSU prices getting £50 added to them when I needed to buy one :mad:

A handful of Tahiti / Hawaii cards (5 or so) will net you a grand a month if you switch coins for profitability.

OcUK Staff
Am I using that right, where 3000k/hs = $1.40 dogecoin per hour? And the average say R9 290 will pull around 850k/hs ($0.40p/h)? Not taking into account $/kwh as i'm not sure what rates for those are (my mrs sorts out the gas and leccy ;))

Yes.

290s do between 800-1000 hash rate depending on bios, clock speeds and settings etc.

Soldato
I am making £1000 a month tax free from mining litecoin and am loading up on Worldcoin too

Jesus that's like 6000KH/s plus just for the Litecoin :O and I was wondering the other day what happened to the HD7950 IceQ blowers you said were arriving in January, guess they never made it into the warehouse eh? ;)

Soldato
It seems all the mining threads in the subforum have an entry level requirement of at least two HD7950 cards and patting themselves on tha back about the fact!! :rolleyes:

Sorry dude I don't remember seeing your thread in the subsection, I guess it got buried or I'm sure someone would have helped you, but yes it would be worth mining Doge on a 6870 ITX build (provided you can cool it ofc) in the sense that it will make more than the electricity costs, but not an amazing amount more.

Soldato
Sorry dude I don't remember seeing your thread in the subsection, I guess it got buried or I'm sure someone would have helped you, but yes it would be worth mining Doge on a 6870 ITX build (provided you can cool it ofc) in the sense that it will make more than the electricity costs, but not an amazing amount more.

Thanks.

I asked in the litecoin thread and it seems nobody wanted to help.

I have some old hardware lying around doing nothing so wanted to see if it could be put to good use. The base platform is a Zotac 9300 ITX and a Celeron E3400(the lowest power consumption desktop Core2 CPU IIRC),and it consumes around 30W to 40W at the wall during low load and idle conditions.

Sadly,I have a GTX660 in my main rig,which does fine for gaming,but is not so good for mining. I was hoping to get an HD7850 or HD7870 at the time,but the GTX660 was cheaper at the time.

So should I start with Dogecoin or is Digibytes a better bet??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom