Antec 900 Slimline DVD mod

Associate
Slimline DVD/RW mod:

img1744fo0.jpg

img1746hn6.jpg

DeadMan

Associate
very nice mod!

do you have problems with the case getting too hot as I notice you have loads of fans! I only have the stock fans in my antec 900 and with them all on low it still seems to keep really cool.

Associate
OP
dan1987 said:
very nice mod!

do you have problems with the case getting too hot as I notice you have loads of fans! I only have the stock fans in my antec 900 and with them all on low it still seems to keep really cool.

Thankyou :)

No, not really with just 2 fans on the front its extremely cool.

I only use one DVD/RW drive and thought it was annoying that if I used a single 5.25" slot I would also lose 2 other 5.25" bays so I decided to free them all up for future expansion or cooling in this case :)

Possibly a double or treble radiator for water cooling or 9 hdd's with 120mm fans, it just opens up more choices.

3 of these would dramatically change the looks of the 900 too.
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=cfp51&area=usa

DeadMan

Associate
OP
waso_dude said:
more pics please ;)

i'm guessing you just cut a whole for it ??

Basically yes :)

Its a very easy mod, but requires some good dremel and sanding skills to cut the hole out on the front bezel to make it look good.

You need to remove a chassis plate from behind the bezel by drilling out the rivets.

What pictures would you like?

DeadMan

Associate
praise the lord! someone with a slot loading drive!!
DeadMan, how much was the drive and i'm assuming its just a couple of screws at the side if it was sitting in a cage?
have you seen any sata ones though?
oh and sorry, one more thing, the second picture - is that the point where the disc is taken in, need to be sure with me wanting to counter sink one (so to speak).

Back
Top Bottom