What's the difference between Dubstep and Bass?

Soldato
Can someone explain what the difference between 'Dubstep' and 'Bass' genres of music. Listening to my friends mp3 collection and some tracks are genered as bass and some others dubstep yet they both geners sound similar.

Soldato
I was under the impression that bass was a parent genre that encompasses all of the subgenres which incorporate a heavy bassline as the main component of the track - e.g. drum n bass, dubstep, drumstep, garage, etc.

Associate
The problem is that du step is taking over everything in popular culture.

Listen to metal one of only 2 sorts of music that takes talent to make the other being clasical

I think after the age of 6 I understood more about the intricacies of different types of music than this statement above.

Soldato
I think after the age of 6 I understood more about the intricacies of different types of music than this statement above.

Yeah, it says a lot about the mental capacity of posters who claim that certain genres of music are filed under ****.

That being said, it does take a certain level of intelligence to appreciate that there is "good" and "bad" in all genres of music, and while everyone is going to have a preference, it can be difficult for those with a certain... "mentality" to understand that just because they don't like something, that doesn't make it automatically "bad". Of course with such a level of arrogance and self importance it's unlikely that any viewpoint but their own is of any concern, after all they are by far the most important person in the world, and if any of the rest of us are under the false impression that the world doesn't revolve around them then we're obviously sorely mistaken....

Permabanned
dubstep is

and bass is a fish

800px-StripedBass.JPG

Soldato
So it turns out CM knows as little about music as he does about football! What a surprise.

dubstep and bass(line) are not forms of music and i will not listen to anyone who says they are.

throwaway stuff that will go out of fashion as quickly as speed garage.

Associate
Its great to see dubstep hitting the mainstream....its always a sure sign something is about ready to burn out and disappear into the ether.

Back
Top Bottom