Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Bentdner - World Class
Eduardo - World Class
Vela - World Class
Diarra - World Class
Eboue - World Class

but Liverpool supporters embarrass themselves? :o

Yet more making stuff up from Liverpool fans, well done.

NaniRon1.jpg

I can see why Baz accuses you of making stuff up though DM because no sane United supporter would have ever claimed Nani would ever end up as good as Ronaldo, hell even the insane ones wouldn't of said it it either

Yes, except Ronaldo started at a club was it over 2 years younger than Nani, so the numbers are completely pointless. Its comparing someone from like 18-22, and the other guy 20-24, when probably 22 is the time that players really get towards being their best, be it Messi or Ronaldo, or Rooney, or just about any other player, scoring more at 22 than when they are 18 is natural. Ronaldo came to a new club a kid, Nani arrived at Utd a man, more experienced.

Compare RVP's current season with Henry's season when he was 18yr old, a realistic or fair comparison, no. Nani had higher numbers than Ronaldo to start with, Nani couldn't come remotely close to Ronaldo in their best seasons, absolutely country miles apart, simple as that.

Why not show a stat that compares how many airmiles both travelled, its almost as relevant. You can make stats do whatever you want, like that comparison, which ignores who they are, when they joined, their ages, HOW GOOD UTD WERE WHEN THEY JOINED. Ronaldo joined when Chelsea were dominant, Nani joined when Utd were dominant.

Ronaldo's best season he scored 42/43 goals, Nani's 15..... yep, stats almost match... no for reals, 43 goals and 15 goals in their respective best seasons... almost identical :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also that picture has been seen over, and over, and over and over, in the year where all the Utd fans on here were banging on and on and on about how Nani was doing better in his first 100 games than ROnaldo, is the best player in the league and yes, all of them were banging on about how Nani could be as good as Ronaldo.

Caporegime
You can make stats do whatever you want, like that comparison, which ignores who they are, when they joined, their ages, HOW GOOD UTD WERE WHEN THEY JOINED. Ronaldo joined when Chelsea were dominant, Nani joined when Utd were dominant.

Yet you ignore this stuff when comparing other players :D

Man of Honour
and yes, all of them were banging on about how Nani could be as good as Ronaldo.

Where? I haven't seen this.

He's clearly not as good as Ronaldo (and never will be) but on his day he's a similar sort of player and extremely good. Unfortunately those days are few and far between.

Associate
What a load of nonsense, Nani will do well to be the next Valencia.

Those stats are also worth disregarding - Nani's at his optimum level now, he's not going to improve to the level Ronaldo did from his opening season.

Soldato
Colombian legend Faustino Asprilla has revealed that he has told compatriot Radamel Falcao to sign for Manchester United.

The 27-year-old Atletico Madrid striker has been the subject of intense transfer speculation with Chelsea and Manchester City amongst a number of clubs interested.

But former Newcastle forward Asprilla believes the £46million-rated star should head to Old Trafford this summer if he wants to regularly challenge for trophies.

Asprilla said: ‘We were talking and he asked me my opinion on who he should join. He knows that every big club in the world wants him. He is not a player motivated by money - what he wants is somewhere that his family will be happy and where he will have success.

'With teams like Real Madrid, PSG, Manchester City they have good times then they have bad times - that is why I told him he must choose Manchester United. Every season they are challenging - and if he wants success that is where I have told him to go.

‘Also they don't have all the behaviour away from the field - with changing coaches every season. They are steady in all that they do - and a well run club at every level. He is a real family guy - and Radamel will appreciate that and the way that Sir Alex Ferguson protects his players like family.'

Asprilla also believes Falcao will be the only player ever to play in the Barclays Premier League who can rival the finishing ability of Alan Shearer.

‘It is difficult for me to explain how good he is - he is the best finisher in the world. The only striker who has played in The Premiership who is on his finishing level is Alan Shearer. If he signs for Manchester United - he would be their missing piece in The Champions League. Robin Van Persie and Radamel would be unstoppable.’

Asprilla is a gentleman and a scolar :cool:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I can't see us buying Falcao in a million years. We have an abundance of strikers already and although we might add one more, at his price I doubt Fergie would go in. We need midfielders and I'm sure Fergie said that is where we would be strengthening as well. How could we get a top class midfielder after spending £40 odd million on Falcao.

I will admit though, Falcao and RvP would make me do a little sex wee.

Soldato
I can't see us buying Falcao in a million years. We have an abundance of strikers already and although we might add one more, at his price I doubt Fergie would go in. We need midfielders and I'm sure Fergie said that is where we would be strengthening as well. How could we get a top class midfielder after spending £40 odd million on Falcao.

Even without selling, imo the money is there (if SAF wants to use it)

The commercial arm is doing such great business, the Chrysler deal, the Nike deal that is about to be signed off and the new tv money - plus even SAF have said (as if it isn't obvious) that Chelsea and City are going to be strengthening, and Utd cant afford to be left behind while youngsters get up to stride (without even considering the EPL prize money and CL tv money from this season)

Utd were lucky this season that Hazard and Oscar were getting used to the EPL, Man City effectively didn't strengthen at all last summer (and had an off season anyway), the points difference doesn't show the real gap between the squads (even though Utd had huge injury's to contend with also as seems usual over the last few years)

Plus , even ignoring the EPL for a moment, while Utd were unlucky to not get past RM in the CL, its still questionable whether the squad is good enough for the semis /final of the CL against the likes of Bayern, Barca, etc etc

Whether SAF uses (all) the money available is another question entirely

Soldato
As if Pingwing wasn't enough here's another reason for me to hate Southampton

Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has admitted that he rues his failure to sign Gareth Bale as a youngster at Southampton.

Ferguson admits United tried to sign Bale in January 2007 from Southampton only to be beaten by Tottenham to the Welshman's signature.

Bale has since developed into one of the best players in the world and his form this season was recognised by winning PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards as well as the Football Writers' award.

Ferguson admits he was disappointed by Southampton's stance as they tried to lure Bale to Old Trafford only for the St Mary's outfit to sell the player to Tottenham.

"We were disappointed in Southampton at the time because we were first there, but they never came back to us," Ferguson told The Telegraph.

"It was not the boy who turned us down, it was Southampton, then a few weeks later he signed for Tottenham Hotspur."

"He (Bale) was a left-back when we tried to sign him. It wasn't until Harry (Redknapp) went to Tottenham that he converted him into a wide left player.

"He reminds me a bit of when we signed Lee Sharpe. He was a six foot, gangly, slim boy, but all of a sudden. He was built like a light heavyweight boxer.

"Bale is the same in the way he has developed in the last two years physically. He has matured very well."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom