Survive The Forest

Soldato
The graphics engine, wood chopping animation and building construction stuff looks very Rust like.

Just what I was thinking.

I was going to say Rust without as many half naked men, but looking at the second trailer, I may be wrong :D

I think it will be good for this game not to have PVP multiplayer, as it ultimately turns into a grief-fest. Co-op could be good, but may diminish the horror aspect of it (depending on if there are 'jump' scares etc).

Wish they would hurry up and let us have a buggy alpha version for £15 like all the other survival horror alphas.

Associate
3rd trailer is out:

Alpha coming out on 22nd May. Already set a reminder :D

For people that want more information there is a Q&A on the forums: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/143803558/540732888934530799/ and some more information here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/143803558/630802344025798890/

My thoughts:
- Graphics look pretty good. They are using "Screen-Space Sub Surface Scattering" for the skin and it looks very good

- Nice animations.

- Traps look good, but hopefully the ai will be smart enough to spot and avoid them some of the time.

- Crafting looks a bit simple. In that video it looks like 1 log is turned into a large part of a wall. Hopefully they bring out a "hardcore" mode with more realism, or maybe there wouldn't be enough trees?

- He used a lighter as a source of light in the caves. Is this unlimited? That'd ruin part of the horror if you always had a big light source. If it's not unlimited where does he get the fuel from, the plane wreckage?

- Fishing/cooking! I hope they expand upon this to other animals. Could you even cook the mutants you kill? omnomnom

- Bigger monsters. I'm not sure what to think about this, I quite like just having the "mutants" that really just looked like a tribe.

- What caused the mutant to explode towards the end of the video? The fire alone? Can you make other weapons/explosives?

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, I really like the look of this! Do we know if it is going to be multiplayer? And is there a estimated release date yet?

Alpha coming out on 22nd May.

Multiplayer mode may appear after Alpha release.

Hopefully they keep working on it, but it looks like it should still be good even in the alpha. It looks like much more work has gone into it than other early access games.

Associate
Alpha coming out on 22nd May.

Multiplayer mode may appear after Alpha release.

Hopefully they keep working on it, but it looks like it should still be good even in the alpha. It looks like much more work has gone into it than other early access games.

Thanks, looking at the website it doesn't look like there is a preorder yet so will keep my eye on it :D

Also Occulus Rifts support....zomg!!!!!! Another reason to buy the new dev kit :D

Associate
This really does look like it could be great esp on the oculus!! Given it's coming in May and the new OR dev kit is July at best have they said which one they are developing for?

Soldato
Really curious to see how games implement OR. Every time I've used my mate's in a first person perspective, I get badly motion sick. Moving the mouse to move the player body does match what my physical body is sensing so it causes dizzyness and sickness :(

Soldato
God, I think id turd myself playing that with Oculus rift!

Does look great though, maybe like playing Unreal for the first time with a 3dfx card

Back
Top Bottom