• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this the best R9 290X in the world right now??

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments everyone! She'll be smiling later when she reads all this :)

I'd love for AMD to see this so if anyone knows the right people to show, please show them! She will be chuffed to know how well it's gone down as you can probably see, she put a lot of effort into it and I couldn't work out why she was still at her parents at 1am the night before my birthday as I drove home from working away :) She's a keeper :)

Man of Honour
Thanks for the comments everyone! She'll be smiling later when she reads all this :)

I'd love for AMD to see this so if anyone knows the right people to show, please show them! She will be chuffed to know how well it's gone down as you can probably see, she put a lot of effort into it and I couldn't work out why she was still at her parents at 1am the night before my birthday as I drove home from working away :) She's a keeper :)

Where did she learn to make cakes like this.

I once worked for a company that makes exceedingly good cakes for 15 years and know how much skill goes into something like this.

Associate
1am ! She really must love you. Otherwise she could have cut corners and just made a 290 and then BIOS flashed it in the microwave to a 290X. :D

Seriously though, great job, looks fantastic.

Associate
1am ! She really must love you. Otherwise she could have cut corners and just made a 290 and then BIOS flashed it in the microwave to a 290X. :D

Hahaha I love it:D

That's a pretty awesome cake gz to her & you! Are you getting a real one??

Associate
Does mantle work well with it?

Its amazing the amount of still on show here. Would be funny If you were a Nivida fan though

Associate
OP
Where did she learn to make cakes like this.

I once worked for a company that makes exceedingly good cakes for 15 years and know how much skill goes into something like this.

She just did it really, she had a picture on her phone and a bag of ingredients + a lot of patience. She said the black icing was the worst as it was sticky and she couldn't use icing sugar to dust it when she rolled it or it would make the black go all grey and grain!

Haha, genius :d

Hahaha I love it:D

That's a pretty awesome cake gz to her & you! Are you getting a real one??

What's GZ!? :p

I'd love a real one but budget doesn't allow it :(
Maybe if I get her to make our wedding cake, it will save enough for a 290x hahaha. Not so sure she'd be too happy with that suggestion though :D

Back
Top Bottom