Expired Passport as ID

Caporegime
Haven't had this problem in clubs for a while - on the odd occasion I have been ID'd my response has been to lean forwards "mate, I'm going bald!" probably the only advantage of being a bit thin on top tbh....

On the issue of passports I had to pick up a new bank card from HSBC and my passport had expired the previous month - bank woman insisted it wasn't valid and that I'd have to come into the office to answer some questions - some people just point blank refuse to use any common sense - the picture was very clearly me and it wasn't like I'm 60 and using a passport from when I was 20 - I'm in my 27 and the passport had a pic from when I was 17!

Soldato
Haven't had this problem in clubs for a while - on the odd occasion I have been ID'd my response has been to lean forwards "mate, I'm going bald!" probably the only advantage of being a bit thin on top tbh....

On the issue of passports I had to pick up a new bank card from HSBC and my passport had expired the previous month - bank woman insisted it wasn't valid and that I'd have to come into the office to answer some questions - some people just point blank refuse to use any common sense - the picture was very clearly me and it wasn't like I'm 60 and using a passport from when I was 20 - I'm in my 27 and the passport had a pic from when I was 17!

Yep a bank wont accept it as proof of ID, strange but I've had that problem too trying to withdraw from a savings account, had to answer like 20 questions instead.

Man of Honour
the passport being expired it is not a legally valid form of ID.

That's a load of BS. There is no law saying what is a valid form of ID for entry to a drinking establishment. It is totally upto the management to what they do and don't accept. They would want a form of ID that isn't easily forged to prevent them getting into trouble with the authorities, but like I said, it's at their discretion.

Man of Honour
Well they confused you with the age thing.

BUT maybe stoke doorman are just thick :D

They do need at least one license with the SIA though, and the curriculum takes 30hrs to cover, costs about £500 out of their own pocket too.

£200 for the course, and some people really love sterotyping im a doorman and me plus a good proportion of the other doormen i know are all uni students or have degrees.
It disgusts me when people look down on you purely for the job you do, if you come up to me all snotty because you think your special I'm going to make your life difficult and all the venues I know will not accept out of date passports as id because if you can't travel on them their not valid

Soldato
It disgusts me when people look down on you purely for the job you do, if you come up to me all snotty because you think your special I'm going to make your life difficult and all the venues I know will not accept out of date passports as id because if you can't travel on them their not valid
Lets face it, your peers in the profession are hardly forging the best reputation for it. If everyone looks down on your job there may be a good reason for that.

As for the passports, that depends on the venue. Since you're not trying to travel with them when you turn up to a bar, we can forget that argument ;)

Expired passports should count as proof of age since as Fox rightly said, expiry has nothing to do with your age. Some places refuse them as policy, others don't. Other uses for expired passports (depending on the issuing country, of course) are for proof of citizenship or nationality :)

Guv

Guv

Soldato
There's not really any reason why a pub/club shouldn't accept an expired passport as proof of age.

However, you can't use an expired passport for anti-money laundering identification. So it's no good for opening a bank account or proving your ID to a solicitor or accountant, for example.

Back
Top Bottom