****Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler Review****

Soldato
Ive got 4xsp120's on my h100.

2 double packs come to £34 which is good considering they are very quiet and push some good air.

Soldato
Also what fans are on this unit?
I see SP120 but are these the high performance ones, or quiet ones?
I would assume High Performance...

They are a custom SP120 design for the "i" series coolers that lacks the aesthetic colored rings and vibration reducing rubber mounts of the "normal" SP120's, however has higher performance than the high performance "normal" SP120's. The noise issues are actually caused by the controller/software, connecting them to the motherboard eliminates this.

You can actually buy them on their own as replacement parts for the H80i/H100i and they are a great option for people who don't care about looks and just want a decent non-PWM fan to use with a fan controller that has better performance than the "normal" SP120's (but then so are Gentle Typhoons).

If Corsair can fix the fan noise problem then it will get 9/10.

Do you have any plans to do a little follow up addition to the review now corsair have replaced the 3pin fans wiht 4 pin PWM ones?

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone tell me weather this can be mounted on a CM HAF X case?
Im also planning to swap out the default fans for Corsair Air Series AF120's
Can someone let me know if this will work?
Im adding 4 fans (Two on each side of the radiator)

Soldato
Any way of getting this to work on socker L775? aka q9550 chip I have? Would a previous generation of bracket fit? Perhaps the h70 or h80 bracket etc? Not been able to find anywhere online that can give me a deffo answer. I know it's not supposed to be for 775 socket any more but I want to try it on my current rig before buying a new cpu bundle in a few months time

Caporegime
OP
Any way of getting this to work on socker L775? aka q9550 chip I have? Would a previous generation of bracket fit? Perhaps the h70 or h80 bracket etc? Not been able to find anywhere online that can give me a deffo answer. I know it's not supposed to be for 775 socket any more but I want to try it on my current rig before buying a new cpu bundle in a few months time

Ask Corsair directly?

Soldato
Interesting that this gets bumped back up... planning my Haswell build and as the 280mm H110 won't fit my preferred case (650D), the H100i is currently looking as my favourite cooler :).

Back
Top Bottom