Internet Security

Soldato
My Norton is due to expire soon, and I am getting constant reminders that if I do not renew within the next few days my life will not be worth living (or words to that effect).

I can use express renew on their site for £24.99, however Amazon are offering 3 users for £21.59, and I have people in my family who could take advantage of this. I cannot see how or why one would feel inclined to renew through Norton's official site.

Is Norton still a good way to go (or has it ever been), or are there other/free substitutes that can be recommended?

Appreciate any advice in advance.

Associate
Forget paying for Anti Virus,

take a look at these...

Microsoft Security Essentials - easy, does the ting.
Avast - Easy, does the ting.
Comodo - Will notify you about everything going on to keep you informed on your system, requires the most user interaction out of the 3

(Y)

Associate
I might be in the minority but I like Norton, 360 especially, just put it on my dads computer & it does its thing really well, maintains it as well as av & firewall. I have had it on mine for years & it does a great job.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all - I've gone with AVG free for now but will look into Microsoft Security Essentials in the future as that seems to be very popular.

Associate
I must say I installed Comodo a few years back and I could never live without it.

It was a massive improvement over Norton. Comodo has a clean interface yet its so powerful. Best thing is, its not intrusive.

The only problem with it is that the virus detection is slow to catch up with other competitors but the easy solution to this is to use Malwarebytes.

Back
Top Bottom