** BitFenix PHENOM - The Prodigy Got Classier **

Soldato
the windows for prodigy will fit the ITX versions

the MATX version will likely not have a window option. if you look at the pictures for it, you will see the storage mounting beam which would negate any point in having a window.

you could remove it in theory but you would lose all storage capability of the case.

phenom_matx_w_side_open_2.jpg

but with so many other places to put drives i guess you dont really need the mounting beam in there?

Associate
Can someone reply to this post please.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25008563&postcount=16

Thanks

I don't understand the cooling arrangement for this or the Prodigy M.

A few scenarios.

Scenario 1:

If you use a 240mm enclosed wc loop at the top of the case, it cannot be used as an exhaust (heat rises) due to the graphics card below it. In this case it is now an intake which pulls in cool air which is heated up via the rad and then passes hot air over the GPU, surely this is a terrible design for GPU cooling.

Scenario 2:

This seems like a more viable option, using a 120mm enclosed wc loop on the rear. To gain air intake you must use a fan on the bottom to bring the air into the case, however the PSU will be exhausting HOT air right next to that fan, which in tern will pass hot air into the case and over the rad.

Is there any scenario you can use an enclosed WC loop and it does not have a huge design flaw?

I hope I am wrong as I would love this or the Prodigy M, but this air flow issue is giving me doubts.

Thankyou

Soldato
On the second scenario; the PSU sucks air in through the front and expels it out of the bottom the case, and there is some kind of filter to stop the bottom fan from pulling the hot air back in.

Back
Top Bottom