Failed theory test :(

Soldato
Well, not too surprised, I didn't study at all for it, I passed the Hazard Perception test with 56 points, but only got 28 on the multiple choice. I didn't know what to do with lights in different conditions, didn't know about different braking distances, and about speed limits when towing. Fair enough really, this you just have to study.

So, for next time I'm gonna buy a book to make sure I take care of these questions as well. Which book do you recommend? I heard that some come with vouchers for some free lessons with BSM or the AA, do you happen to know which ones they are?

Man of Honour
If you had failed the hazard perception I'd have understood but I'm sorry there is simply NO excuse for failing the multiple choice questions, even with no revision.

They are so ridiculously easy they are insulting to most peoples intelligent. How can you possibly fail a test which includes such fantastic questions as, and this is a serious question from the test:

'You encounter an accident at the side of the road. What do you do first?'

a) Offer the driver involved a cigerrette
b) Offer the driver an alcoholic drink
c) Call the emergency services
d) Something else equally inane I can't remember

Seriously, poor show :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
If you had failed the hazard perception I'd have understood but I'm sorry there is simply NO excuse for failing the multiple choice questions, even with no revision.
They are easy except the braking distance questions which are very easy to learn but if you don't know them then they are anybodys guess as they are massively inaccurate for modern cars anyway.

Anybody seen some punctuation around for my above "sentence"?

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:

They are so ridiculously easy they are insulting to most peoples intelligent. How can you possibly fail a test which includes such fantastic questions as, and this is a serious question from the test:

'You encounter an accident at the side of the road. What do you do first?'

a) Offer the driver involved a cigerrette
b) Offer the driver an alcoholic drink
c) Call the emergency services
d) Something else equally inane I can't remember

Seriously, poor show :p
I didnt revise and passed.

I had a really stupid question that was so easy, was about braking in icy conditions. Anyone that chose the handbrake option should be shot. :p

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Tesla said:
They are easy except the braking distance questions which are very easy to learn but if you don't know them then they are anybodys guess as they are massively inaccurate for modern cars anyway.

But you only get 2 questions max on braking distances.

I did no swotting & thought, 'If I get a braking distance one, I'll guess it'. 1st question comes up, 'At 50mph in normal conditions.........' :D

I passed though, 32/35. Got the 1st question wrong, 1 on motorway signage & I have no idea what the other one was.

I'm with Fox here, no-one should fail this, even the hazard perception is laughably easy.

Soldato
Unlucky mate, I failed my first theory test, got all the questions right then messed up the hazard perception.

Stupidly badly designed piece of **** is that hazard perception test. :p

Associate
Dont worry mate, I know someone who failed it 7 times! Although saying that I think she may be still taking her pratical exam... after 10 years of trying :p

Soldato
If you havent already, do the practice tests on *** DVLAs website, as they actually show up in the test. They did for me anyways.

I done 2 practive tests, and the hazzard perception once, and got 33/35 and 59 IIRC on the perception :)

Associate
I got 100% on the theory test but I revised. lol. Didn't get the braking distance questions. Didnt have to do the perception test either. I passed 1st time. :D doesn't mean I'm a good driver though. :p

Soldato
I easily passed first time with no revision. I may have been lucky but I found that watching my parents for 17 years was more than enough revision. When I took my test there was a girl there sitting it for the 6th time. Since then I've (rightly or wrongly) perceived the Theory Test as Darwins way of keeping stupid drivers off the road.

I hope that next time you manage to sort yourself out and don't prove to be another of Darwins children on the road.

Back
Top Bottom