Peugeot Economy mode

Soldato
Hi all, i need help :(

going to leave work and my car will not start. All appears normal when i got in but the engine will not turn over.
10 minutes later the car reports economy mode. WTF?!!?

Now everything is acting funny and shutting down quickly too.
Do i need a Peugeot dealer?? I cant afford one :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Pugs switch into 'economy mode' after about 10-15 minutes. It's quite annoying because it means you can't leave the radio on when you're sitting in the car doing nothing. I'm guessing your battery might be a bit flat and it's making the car kick into economy mode. It might not even be related because the car does it anyway.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Who knows. Cars are laden with all sorts of weird electrics these days. Stick some jump leads on it and see what happens.

*Before someone jumps in and says oh noes you can't jumpstart modern cars with jump leads because of the electrics, TEH ELEKTRICS, the 207 manual says you can jump start it.

Soldato
Who knows. Cars are laden with all sorts of weird electrics these days. Stick some jump leads on it and see what happens.

*Before someone jumps in and says oh noes you can't jumpstart modern cars with jump leads because of the electrics, TEH ELEKTRICS, the 207 manual says you can jump start it.

How do you know its a 207. Could be a 107, in which case, you can have the battery in my courtesy car. :D

Soldato
OP
Its a 1007
Its doesn't even try to start. Battery charged fully and the doors will no longer function. It just beeps now when I press the key fob. Battery light flashes on the dash.

Peed off as I've just shelled out on Turbo for my Renault. :(

Soldato
I realise this isn't a helpful comment but it does seem to be the case that a good 70% of AA or RAC vans I see are parked next to something French. And you have two of the things...

Soldato
My 307 would go into economy mode after 20 minutes or so.

When this happened I started the engine, which worked straight away and then did my journey

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I realise this isn't a helpful comment but it does seem to be the case that a good 70% of AA or RAC vans I see are parked next to something French. And you have two of the things...
Utter rubbish. The three French cars my other half has had have never gone wrong. Like nothing has ever gone wrong with them. You can't make sweeping generalisations like that. 95% of of AA or RAC vans I see are parked next to something built in the last 10 years, as I buzz past in a reliable classic car, but we all know those stats aren't right.

Associate
have you tried locking with the key in the door rather than the button? not sure if you have this option on a 1007 but my 206 has issues like this and locking and unlocking manually with the key sometimes solves these things.

Chris

Soldato
Utter rubbish. The three French cars my other half has had have never gone wrong. Like nothing has ever gone wrong with them. You can't make sweeping generalisations like that. 95% of of AA or RAC vans I see are parked next to something built in the last 10 years, as I buzz past in a reliable classic car, but we all know those stats aren't right.

They weren't Citroen by any chance were they?

Larger sample sizes suggest it's quite a justified generalisation. In every reliability survey I've seen in the past few years, French cars have done terribly. This was the latest (see last place comments). http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrev...2/best_for_reliability_and_build_quality.html

More recent surveys do suggest that newer French cars are slightly better. Citroen has tended to do better than Renault or Peugeot in recent years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom