Blackberry 8520 SOS signal problem

Soldato
I'm on orange and all of today I've not been able to get a signal on my blackberry 8520 curve, nor can I search for networks manually on it. I've got a backup cheap samsung phone which gets a full signal and can send texts and make calls yet the blackberry can do neither with the same sim card in. Its leading me to think that the antenna is dead but is there anything I can actually do in regards to this?

I can't find anything of help on the orange website in regards to faulty handsets or what I need to do to get it fixed and sorted out. Its less than a year old so I'm guessing its applicable to a 1 year manufacturers warranty?

Soldato
Phone up customer service from a landline where you will be walked through their fault fixing system. It's preferable to call from a landline so they can get you to do stuff with the SIM in the right phone etc...
All things come with a years warranty - you're fine :)

PAYM - 07973 100 150
PAYG - 07973 100 450

You might be told to speak to RIM direct to pre-warn you.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info. Orange where completely useless in advising me on what I should do with the phone, so I thought I'd test a forced downgrade to reset the phone completely via USB using my desktop PC. The phone now appears to be working again, but for how long is another matter. It connects to the mobile network fine by the looks of it but I'll have to keep an eye on it. It now turns off properly as well which it wouldnt do before :S lol

Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom