Using Netgear Powerline Plugs With Windows 7 ?

Associate
Hi,

I have just tried to install the Netgear Powerline configuration utility on a Windows 7 machine and got the message that I did not have WinPCap installed on the machine. I accepted the option to install WinPCap but then got a message saying it was not supported by the O/S.

Can anyone please confirm if they have got any NetGear 200mbps plugs working on a Windows 7 machine and how they got round the WinPCap issue?

When I double click the Netgear configuration utility it refuses to start stating the WinPCap dll file is missing, obviously because it failed to install, is there some workaround for this?

It is the Netgear HDX101 plugs that I am trying to configure.

Rgds
Binty

Soldato
I have the same powerline plugs as you. When I was installing the utility, Windows 7 automatically popped up "This program might have not installed properly". Followed the instructions from there and got WinPCap working. Try uninstalling then reinstalling it?

Associate
OP
Hi,

Thx for the replies. They are working OK without the configuration utility, I was just a bit concerned about the security and wanted to see what options there were in the utility.

I installed the utility on an XP machine in the end rather than on the Windows 7 machine and hard wired it to the router to check out the network. It was all OK and there are no security settings to configure as it looks to be automatic.

I am getting a reported speed of between 50mbps and 90mbps so it is perfect for data that I intend using these for.

Thx for your input.

Rgds
Binty

Back
Top Bottom