The Official My Console Died What Should I Do Thread?

Associate
my xbox has just died. UPS Came today to take it away.it had the 3 red lights it worked for a couple od days then it got worse :( then died completely

Luckily i am coverd by the warranty :) i only got it june 07 :eek:

Sad times tho :(

how long do you think it will take me to get it back from microsoft?

David

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Mines off to MS when I get round to finding packaging for my 360. Kept getting disc unreadable issues.

My last 360 had mega corruption on screen issues but no red lights, and same with this disc issue. Last time I took it to the high street retailer I bought it from and told them it had the red light syndrome. They proceeded to connect with WITHOUT the AV cable and it lit up like an xmas tree so they replaced the console. Result. This time I just want to get it sent off and done properly so I get a console that has all proper fixes in place.

Seems Forza 2 has killed two 360s for me :(

Soldato
OP
So I woke up this morning to have a quick 10 minutes on a game before I leave for work, played 30 seconds of a game, the game crashed, rebooted xbox. Bam 3 reg lights.

This is my 5th xbox that has died now. No warning signs just crashed and RROD'd.

I wont be replaceing or getting another one. Microsoft can stick their xbox where the sun doesn't shine now.

Just found my receipt. This was a replacement on 29/10/06.

T.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So I woke up this morning to have a quick 10 minutes on a game before I leave for work, played 30 seconds of a game, the game crashed, rebooted xbox. Bam 3 reg lights.

This is my 5th xbox that has died now. No warning signs just crashed and RROD'd.

I wont be replaceing or getting another one. Microsoft can stick their xbox where the sun doesn't shine now.

Just found my receipt. This was a replacement on 29/10/06.

T.

You are crazy!! Even if I had 5 broken ones before I would still claim my replacement and sell it. You are entitled to a replacement so don't pass it up. Even if you just get it and sell it for £50 it is still worth it!!!

rp2000

Soldato
My 2nd Xbox has just died (first 3 red lights though)

I will get a replacement but I am not one for waiting, so I am going to go out and buy an Arcade now I think. When I get the replacement back I'll stick it in the bedroom :)

Last edited:
Soldato
practically all my mates have had the 3 red lights and today my number was up. this is my first console and lasted 1 year 3months (is that a record?)

Microsoft better think long and hard before they ever bring another console out :mad:

Soldato
if my 60gb ps3 dies within it's year warranty what can i do with the retailer with regards replacing it? would i need to take the 40gb version? if so could i reasonably expect a reimbursement of value to some degree?

Soldato
Sent my 360 off Thursday 6th March with 3 red rings. Got it back Wednesday 19th with a new motherboard and DVD drive. So 13 days turnaround, which is alright, just a shame for 6 of those days it was sat in Teleplan's warehouse waiting to be picked up by UPS.

Does seem much quieter now too.

Soldato
My friend has the 3 lights, but he's missing a receipt. Is there now no way of getting it repaired under the enhanced warranty?

Soldato
My friend has given me 360 to have a look at as it wont play games. It will go to the desktop and there are no red rings but the DVD drawer wont open. He also said that he managed to get the drawer open but it wouldn't play games.

The drive is the Samsung drive, is there anything i could try to get it working?

Can i replace this drive with any make of drive or does it have the be a Samsung?

Soldato
Fixed it :D.

Opened it up and could see traces of dried up juice near the DVD drive, so i opened the DVD drive and had a look. Everything seemed fine but on closer inspection the laser was dulled so i gave it a clean with a lens cloth. The Tray wasn't opening as the belt that moves the gears to open the drawer was slipping on the wheels, so i cleaned the wheels and belt and it now opens.

The drive at this stage would only play DVDs and when an xbox360 game was placed in the drive a screen came up saying to play the disc in an xb360 :rolleyes::D. So i opened the drive again and moved the laser back and forth a few times to free it up then cleaned the gears that move it. I left the laser in the middle instead of putting it back to its default position then reassembled the xbox.

It now works \o/, but i don't know how you xb peeps can stand the noise.

Moral of the story don't drink juice near your XB lol, but if you do drop some in there it can be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom