*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Why are people moaning lol? This is the whole point of Diablo, farming items and the complete randomness of the stats they have. Without that the game would have no replay-ability what so ever. Everyone would be done with it in a week or two.

Associate
Associate
Farming, farming, farming, this is what diablo is.

You progress as far as possible, then if you get stuck, you go back and farm the last set of quests/acts whatever was at a manageable difficulty until you gear up enough to be able to progress.

I'm fine with that, but with the auction house as it is, people just go on there and gear themselves up for about 50k.

Where's the challenge in that?

Sure, you're not forced to use the auction house, but at the moment it is BY FAR the best option.

Associate
Why are people moaning lol? This is the whole point of Diablo, farming items and the complete randomness of the stats they have. Without that the game would have no replay-ability what so ever. Everyone would be done with it in a week or two.

This tbh.

The amount of people moaning about a Diablo game being a Diablo game.
On top of the people that are moaning that this Diablo game ISN'T a Diablo game.
People moaning that Inferno is as hard as Blizzard has said ALL ALONG how hard it would be.

Personally I am loving this game, I am having withdraw symptoms because I can't play again till tomorrow night!

Associate
I'm fine with that, but with the auction house as it is, people just go on there and gear themselves up for about 50k.

Where's the challenge in that?

Sure, you're not forced to use the auction house, but at the moment it is BY FAR the best option.

Totally, but I am going to get my enjoyment from this game by not using the AH, at all.

Blizzard have just given the option for people to jump ahead faster.

Soldato
Totally, but I am going to get my enjoyment from this game by not using the AH, at all.

Blizzard have just given the option for people to jump ahead faster.

I came to the realisation last night that I can buy a few bits on AH to help my character, seldom bought 3 rares for just under 10k, mainly for the HP boost.

Being a diablo virgin am absolutely loving the story line :)

Cannot wait to hit 60, am only 18 at the moment!! Damn life getting in the way :p

Soldato
The thing is, everybody's moaning about the AH etc... But by end game, which probably won't take too long to get to, what you really are looking for is that ultimate item. It'll cost stupid amounts in the AH, or you can go hunting for it, or you can take a gamble on the BS...

kd

Soldato
I've stayed clear of the AH until last night near the end of Act III, I have a Barbarian with dual wielding axes and I just didn't feel like they were doing the job anymore it was taking me ages to kill enemies. I was hoping some good weapons would drop off a few of those packs but no luck so I went to the AH and grabbed myself 2 new weapons for 6k. I felt a little dirty after doing it I won't lie but I think if you've been unlucky with your drops in the game there's nothing wrong with using the AH to help yourself out a bit.

Soldato
Okay so after struggling with the end of Hell (doable .. but hard), i discovered the joys of life stealing % on weapon.
Currently stealing 2.9% of damage, which with my bears spamming (yawn) build is 13-19k a hit in terms of damage, has made the rest of hell a complete doodle.

Associate
Really struggling to find anywhere that has stock of this at the moment, my mate gave me his friends pass but it means we can't play together.

Was hoping to trade in BF3 and Skyrim and get it for 99p at GAME but they haven't had stock for days, what's the betting they receive it after Friday when the promotion ends.

Soldato
I think I'm going to stop using the AH for buying and only use it for selling. I'm 32 but completely overhauled my gear with cheap but decent purchases!

Still, I'm absolutely loving the game and can't wait for PvP :)

Associate
I love this game! However it can get a bit boring playing on your own, or in public group with non-english speaking people. I'm a level 22 Barbarian mid-way through act II if anyone would like to join

Last edited:
Soldato
My reason for using the auction house is as people have said it speeds things up a bit... i do not play as often as my friends.. we completed normal together but i then had a few days off and by the time i returned they were half way through act 2 on nightmare.

I jumped in with their game and basically got 1 hitted by every single mob.. So i went on the auction house and bought myself some vitality gems.. I have basically tripled my health and can now hold my own even though my gear is still the same

Associate
I had first last night, first death :( (lagged out I tell you :)) and using the AH. You can get some uber bargains with the right search parameters.

Not really got into the game yet, just done ACT1 was away on hols till Monday. All in all though things are looking good.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Exactly, you've done normal. The higher levels are impossible without the AH unless you are the 1 in a billion who gets exactly the drops they need. The game is that hard. The fact you said 'sail through the game' shows how little you know, even the builds that have now been nerfed couldn't sail through it.

Ah yes, I know nothing of Diablo :( I never played D1 or D2 to death... o wait... yes I did.

The higher levels aren't impossible, you just have to go back and farm for the gear you need. Which is what most people did in D2 if they wanted to progress. You however bought your way ahead of the curve by buying top end hand picked gear instead.

That's not how I have ever played Diablo, nor do I want to start now.

You simply won't be able to progress beyond normal without buying some better gear.

Haha, if you say so. :rolleyes:

-----

End of the day if you want to use the AH that's up to you, I was just stating my feelings on the matter. Personally, I don't like it, and I think it ruins the fun of relying on drops and 'making do with what you have'. That's just how i've always played, and what I personally think Diablo is all about, finding the shiny shiny!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom