Dell U2713 HM

Associate
I have a replacement on its way from Dell. Will update here when I have it.

Here's an image I took while watching a film last night. The bleed on the right is not an issue, more related to the angle on the screen, it is not distracting. The bleed on the left is constant however.

7886611606_d994e3cf06_c.jpg

I should have added to this, as someone who has been using this new monitor for a day, that I am having no problems with the AG coating at all. I have a Dell XPS laptop and an iMac both with gloss screens, and though the image does "pop" more, I confess I prefer some AG.

Last edited:
Associate
Thats pretty much what mine looked like, the instance I loaded up sleeping dogs I could see it had an issue.

Sent my back for a full refund, not going to chance another one for now. Such a shame because the screen was great, wonder if I should get a 2711 or hold fire for a bit.

Soldato
Mine arrived today. The monitor itself looks fantastic, but I too have the awful bleed in the bottom left. Do I contact Dell direct to replace, or go back to OcUK? Want to try another.

See:

2UtdZ.jpg.png

Really very bad in the bottom left hand corner.

Bad light causes the speckles you can see.

Last edited:
Associate
I just got my replacement through from Dell and it seems a lot better. Manufactured in July 2012 rather than the original's June 2012. I'll post up a pic later tonight when it is dark. But on a first look I can see a little bleed, but it is now far more acceptable.

Soldato
Just ordered one direct from Dell. Look forward to it arriving, will definitely check it out for backlight bleeding.

Estimated Delivery Date: 12/09/2012
:(

Got the 5 year warranty though, which is nice!

Update:

Your Dell Order is scheduled to arrive between 08:00 and 18:00 on the 06/09/2012
:D

Last edited:
Associate
Same issue with backlight bleed here. The monitor otherwise is absolutely fantastic.

Having never needed to send anything back to DELL before would someone who has give me an idea of the process/timescales please.

mF2CS.jpg

Soldato
Taken this photo on my phone, no camera with me at the moment.

Looks like the typical bottom left problem. This photo makes it look slightly better than it actually is.

Tad annoying, it's fine in well lit conditions but I do notice it on EVE-Online.

2w65ow2.jpg

Associate
I think it's to do with the fitting of the bezel, i.e. it being too tight and pressing down on or near the LEDs at the edge of the screen. If you press down on the bezel on an area without backlight bleed you will get some there too.

Soldato
There will be people without issues, they won't be bothered about posting pictures because there's no/minimal bleed to see.

But I agree, more bleeding than I expected.

Soldato
I would but dont have anything to take pic with sorry but mine is fine not seen any bleeding and I have been using it daily.

Associate
I've had Dell replace a few monitors. They used to send a guy out and do a straight monitor swap. Lately they've been sending the replacement monitor first and arrange collection of old monitor the next day. I prefer this method, as on seeing the replacement they offered I simply kept my old display.

Back
Top Bottom