Should the London marathon be banned to the public?

Man of Honour
Permabanned
I've FB'd Jason Scotland Williams with the URL :D

Yeah loads of people have lol

There's a part where the runners ahead are coming back towards the last 5km as you are just over half way, I bet that's where he jumped the barrier missing 8 miles and three timing mats, which his chip didn't register

Caporegime
Quite clearly they should only let fit women run the marathon.

Fit 30 year old woman dies. 1.2 million in donations.

Balding 42 year old man dies £50K

In the interests of charity I say the marathon should be female only hot 18-30's.

Man of Honour
They should ban these cheaters, The guy jason did it as well in 2012. According to his timings he broke the world record for the half marathon in the second half of london, or he jumped the barrier and missed 8 miles.

http://www.neillock.co.uk/training-blog/runners-cheaters-2014-london-marathon-in-numbers/

He's had to take the pictures and posts off even though he was correct :D

Reminds me of the first marathon I did and this is an example of a conversation I've had at least 10 times over the years:

Yeah my husband/wife/friend also did it yesterday
What time did they do it in?
Around 3 hours
That's a bloody good time
Mind you they had to stop at 14 miles because of injury and the marathon bus picked him/her up and dropped him/her off 1 mile from the finish
So that means they haven't done the marathon
Yes they have, they got the medal
But they haven't run 26.2 miles, only 15 miles
But they've still got the medal
and so on .............

Permabanned
He's had to take the pictures and posts off even though he was correct :D

Reminds me of the first marathon I did and this is an example of a conversation I've had at least 10 times over the years:

Yeah my husband/wife/friend also did it yesterday
What time did they do it in?
Around 3 hours
That's a bloody good time
Mind you they had to stop at 14 miles because of injury and the marathon bus picked him/her up and dropped him/her off 1 mile from the finish
So that means they haven't done the marathon
Yes they have, they got the medal
But they haven't run 26.2 miles, only 15 miles
But they've still got the medal
and so on .............

Wow really? I've had to pull out of a race before and there's no way I'd even try to get a medal or even go near the timing mats I just walked towards the meeting point

Man of Honour
Wow really? I've had to pull out of a race before and there's no way I'd even try to get a medal or even go near the timing mats I just walked towards the meeting point

Honestly, I've done 8 marathons and countless half marathons and I've heard similar conversations off people. The best of it is that none of them thought there was anything wrong with it and their family/friends still took part. I personally couldn't receive anything if I did one yard less than I should.

Permabanned
Honestly, I've done 8 marathons and countless half marathons and I've heard similar conversations off people. The best of it is that none of them thought there was anything wrong with it and their family/friends still took part. I personally couldn't receive anything if I did one yard less than I should.

Yeah exactly, I want that medal as I've actually done the 26.2 not anyway else :)

Associate
Should be banned due to safety and the environmental impact. The energy wasted running around could be better used elsewhere. The runners could be put on a giant tredmill connected to the national grid for free electric or just do voluntary work instead.

Soldato
Should be banned due to safety and the environmental impact. The energy wasted running around could be better used elsewhere. The runners could be put on a giant tredmill connected to the national grid for free electric or just do voluntary work instead.

Like the matrix with massive human hamster wheels ? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom