How do you remove splashtop off laptop

Associate
Hello all, after building myself a new pc i thought its about time i spent some money on my misses lol.

So i went out and bought her a new laptop, its PINK! lol its the hp mini 110. running windows 7 and is rather good for msn and a bit of web surfing.

Only problem ive got is that splashtop comes on everytime the system starts up, im unsure of how to remove it. It seems like it boots up before windows?

please help...

Associate
Open regedit

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

If there's an entry for it there - delete it.

Also, make sure it's not in the start up folder.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
right people it was in the bios and its gone now, thanks for all your help.

does any1 know how to change desktop theme on this machine, its all different with it being intel stom with win 7... i cant right click as normal and set as wallpaper either...

any ideas???

Associate
OP
no dogs i dont have personalization in control panel lol, that link was kinda useful but it doesnt say anything about how i can get my themes back lol

Associate
You can't change the theme, lol at your inability to use Goggle. Check the comments in the page linked above, there's a couple of workarounds to change desktop wallpaper.

Soldato
lol at your inability to use Goggle.
lol at your inability to spell Google.

The windows 7 on netbooks appears to be a thoroughly crippled one with an option to upgrade to a normal copy for a fee. I recommend putting ubuntu netbook remix on it, but otherwise XP is good too.

Associate
right people it was in the bios and its gone now, thanks for all your help.

I have the same problem I would like to remove the Splash Top I have followed the suggestions here and I have enterd the BIOS howeve once inside the BIOS I am not sure where to go can some please help me out.

I hit F-10 get to the BIOS and am lost from there.

Back
Top Bottom