Halifax minimum deposit for new account ?

Associate
My son is 18yrs old and already has an account with the Halifax (kids account from his younger days) and wanted to switch to one a different account with them. Now i dont have all the facts of what bank account he wanted to switch too but he told me that he cant switch unless he has £100 to open it with.
Now i think this is utter rubbish as the account he will be wanting with be one of thier basic accounts with a visa debit card (not the electron he has at the moment). I have looked at Halifax's site and i cant see anywhere that stipulates a minimum of £100 must be deposited into the account upon opening it.
Does anyone know if this true about having to have a minimum of £100 to open an account with. I know that some of their accounts stipulate a minimum amount to be credited every month.

Associate
OP
I opened a student account with Halifax recently and needed to deposit £100 to activate it, even if it's not listed on the site. Might be worth asking at the local branch :)

edit: just found it - your account must have £100 in it before we send you your Visa debit card.

Brilliant, but does that mean you need £100 to open the account or you just need £100 in it before they send your card out and you can infact open the account for free ?????

Back
Top Bottom