Feltham - Hounslow

Soldato
DO NOT MOVE THERE.

I have to get the train through Feltham on the way to London from my parents house and every time I go through rank people (not a racist jibe as the asians are often the nicer clientele of South West Trains) get on the train (and you've just gone through Staines as well so feeling pretty miserable by now) and I just think thank the Lord that I am fortunate enough to not have to live here. I also just think 'take me back to my quiet leafy street in North London where it's safe'.

I've had the displeasure of getting off the train to visit a friend I no longer see in Feltham a few times. I've done the high street, been in the Wetherspoons etc and I can say this: I never would wish anyone to be so down on their luck to have to be there every day for the rest of their life.

Round Twickenham's nice enough as Kingston can also be. Have a look in Barnes- it's safe there. Also Richmond- safe there too.

Associate
I did my sandwich year from uni in Twickenham and I lived in hounslow (all i could afford because of really low "intern pay") for the first 6 months. I got burgled, My car had a brick thrown through the window while i was driving it, the flat next door had a hooker living in it and the one below some bloke died of a heroin overdose.

Lived there for years, nothing remotely like that happened to me. Although insurance companies do complain about it being a burglary hot spot.

People in Hounslow look down on Feltham. Says a lot about Feltham! :D

Ealing's fairly close and cheaper than Twickenham

No it isn't.

Hounslow - a place I'll remember for having my car broken into, and reading news reports of roving gangs with chains wrapped around their fists stealing mobile phones from people.

Feltham - a place I pass through on the way to get to London via train, I often pull my bag a little closer when the train stops there.

Twickenham, Strawberry Hill, hell Whitton is even better than the above if a little too close to Hounslow for anyone's liking.

Where is your work based? If it's not too far from the A316, I'd even consider moving down the M3 corridor as once you're past the M25 junction the commute is very reasonable.

Soldato
Staines isn't too bad at all. I'm working in Staines at the moment and it has pretty much everything you need. The only thing is that the town centre is a ghost town after 6pm.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Workeed in Feltham for a while, well Bedfont Lakes, and everytime i went through it i felt like i was on safari. Horrible place.

Soldato
Hello, i'm from Hounslow. Born and bred. Went to St Marks, used to drink underage in Inwood park and used to fight with Hounslow manor kids in Lampton park!

Thank you for choosing to relocate to Hounslow. You, along with the hundreds of illegal immigrants all hanging around the local immigration center are most welcome!

Basically don't live here. Tell us where you need to be every day (work) and we will tell you some nice places to live within a short drive or short commute.

In my opinion Feltham isn't a bad visually but is a lot rougher.

PS - The 'H' in Hounslow is silent. It's pronounced OWNNSLAAH.

Associate
I live in Sunbury, I go through Feltham on the bus to get to my mums, and each time I do, it get the impression that its keeps getting worse, and that I could get stabbed at any time.

Like most places, they have nice bits and bad bits...Feltham is an exception in that it is all rough!

My friend got car jacked at some lights there! Which gives you an idea of how bad things can get!

I would advise places like Staines, Sunbury, Twickenham and Strawberry hill are by far the better places to live temporarily for work.

Nice places to visit in in the evenings that aren't too far are Richmond, Kingston, as they are near the river, and have some nice places to drink and eat out. Twickenham gets manic during rugby season for obvious reasons.

Don't take anything of value with you unless you want to get the aforementioned stabbing, mugging, or car jacking.

Soldato
Walton, Weybridge, Teddington, Richmond etc are all far more expensive places to live than Feltham / Hounslow / Ashford etc. Much nicer though although Feltham isn't *THAT* bad.

I live near Weybridge and work in Teddington. Best of both worlds!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help guys haha,

Well i'm on the bottom end of the payscale at work, but they have decided to relocate in Feltham where we have an office, it's either take redundancy or relocate to work from that office.

currently in East Yorkshire, nice cheap place to be, but still nothing going on here either :D

Soldato
Staines isn't too bad at all. I'm working in Staines at the moment and it has pretty much everything you need. The only thing is that the town centre is a ghost town after 6pm.

Agreed, lived here about a year now and for the most part it's a decent place. Unfortunately most of the people here are middle class chavs and the town market does the place no favours but it has an above average shopping centre and it's on a nice stretch of the river.

Definitely a step above Hounslow/Feltham and the commute to London is okay - about 40 minutes on the train.

I believe Feltham has an Asda, a Lidl AND an Aldi - says it all really.

Associate
LOL I never knew so many people here knew about Feltham.

I can tell you all about it but most people have already generalised it - it's not that bad...Hounslow is worse.

If you can, try to relocate in Richmond/Twickenham/Teddington/Kingston.

Back
Top Bottom