How do I get money out of my Santander ISA?

Caporegime
no wonder santander have a bad rep... my son has an account with them and they were useless one time when he was mugged.

they send a card out, the pin didnt work.... they sent a new card and pin ... guess what it didnt work... he went down with his passport and just closed the account they are useless

Im in the process of transferring my ISA from Santander as well. I was happy with A&L but santander seem to take the ****.

They give 3% interest on a instant access deposit account, 2.5% on an ISA with over £14k in it! Tax isnt as issue as they are still paying 3% vs 2.5%, just taking the **** as they know its harder to switch ISAs.

Halifax are getting my ISA and if Santander arent careful Halifax will be getting my current account as well.

I couldnt find teh transfer details I needed for Santander so in the end I put customer services address on the transfer. Make it harder to transfer it out by not giving you an address to send the transfer form to. Spanish bankers ;)

Permabanned
OP
Two days for the current account to come through and I've transferred the money to Halifax, that was quicker and easier than visiting the branch, but why oh why don't Santander just let me transfer the money straight from my ISA, this must cost them money, sending me this welcome pack considering the account will probably never have more than £10 in it ever again now.

Soldato
no wonder santander have a bad rep... my son has an account with them and they were useless one time when he was mugged.

they send a card out, the pin didnt work.... they sent a new card and pin ... guess what it didnt work... he went down with his passport and just closed the account they are useless

Where as I've been using them for 5 years without any problems at all, unlike RBS who I had 4 cards from and 9 PINS before any of them worked :p

Associate
For the last couple of years with A&L / Santander:

1) Open ISA and savings accounts with 12 months 2.5% bonus.
2) 12 months elapse and savings reduce to a rubbish 0.1 or 0.5%
3) Close accounts
4) Open "new issue" accounts with 12 month bonus of 2.5%
Rinse and repeat.

A right PITA if you don't want to lock your money. I know they rely on people to forget about swapping but this take the pi$$.

Just like with the Santander bank account where you get a good interest rate for 12 months then it drops do virtually nothing!

I changed to Halifax current account to get their £5 per month reward.

Associate
Thread revival!

Just came up against this problem! I assume for a smaller amount (£4k) i will be able to go into the branch and get the transfer done? Moving from Santander Cash ISA to Natwest current account.

What a joke that you can't do it online.

Associate
For anyone who trips over this thread as i did...

I called Santander and they confirmed you cannot transfer out of a cash ISA to an external bank. You have to either transfer it to a Santander account and then move it OR go to a branch and withdraw the money.

I looked at setting up a current account but it was way too complicated and was going to take too long. What you can do is open an e-saver (log into your ISA online first) and then transfer the money to that. The process to setup the e-saver is quick and easy as they have all your details already. From the e-saver you can transfer it to an external account.

Totally retarded but gets the job done quickly.

Back
Top Bottom