Sumvision Voyager 10.1 tablet

Associate
Anyone been able to find any sort of guide on using this? Documentation seems to be non existent.

I only ask because the one I got for my girlfriend has decided not to switch on anymore after connecting it via USB to my pc. I was able to transer a movie file to it, then after testing that file worked I re-connected again and the thing won't come on anymore... Making me look bad!

Soldato
Theres no manual as far as i know these chinese Tablets are not well supported like more exspensive Tablets.
Best to contact overclockers customer support.

Associate
OP
Hmm apparently it has revived itself when she took it home. This thing could be a nightmare!

And I didn't get the free SD card that was meant to come with it. *sad face*

Associate
OP
This tablet is still randomly losing screen responsiveness and the other day it could only be brought back to life after switching off by a factory reset. I'd like to try updating the firmware/OS/Android from 4.1 to whatever is the newest and see if that helps before I go down the RMA root.
Is it simple to update? I don't have the tablet here in front of me to check.

Associate
This tablet is still randomly losing screen responsiveness and the other day it could only be brought back to life after switching off by a factory reset. I'd like to try updating the firmware/OS/Android from 4.1 to whatever is the newest and see if that helps before I go down the RMA root.
Is it simple to update? I don't have the tablet here in front of me to check.

Firmware update only available for 7" version, nothing yet for the 10.1".
http://sumvision.com/productinfo/CycloneVoyager/voyager7support.asp
http://sumvision.com/productinfo/CycloneVoyager/CycloneVoyager.asp

Associate
OP
Ah right thanks for that, last time I googled around for this tablet there wasn't even a site like that. At least the support for it is moving along I guess.

Associate
I've had some issues with the screen in that when the tablet is on lower than 20% power the screen spazzes out. It flickers and becomes unusable, after leaving it to charge for a while it sorts itself out again.

Is this something that I shoumd RMA this for or just expected?

This is the first tablet I've bought :S

Associate
Success - Iplayer now works fine on my 10.1" voyager in full-screen mode using the Dolphin Browser "Beta" from the App store. Apparently this is the best browser for android - I'd never heard of it before...

Last edited:
Associate
Havent had the flickering issue - yet - but it only arrived today.

But a couple of times I did get the common fault of part of the touch screen not working and had to do a quick on/off to fix it... This is presumably a software issue.. Anyone found out what causes it? Is it a problem with other tablets - or just this one?

Associate
OP
I read somewhere on here that it has been reported on other tablets but there was no source to prove this. I just beleived it cus it made me feel better about my purchase.

Still might have to RMA though...

Soldato
mine flickers like mad when under 11% battery life.

put it down to a battery issue and keep it charged above 11% now haha

Associate
I have a cube u30gt 10" ips tablet and it does silly things on low power with the screen becomming unresponsive, think its a common thing with cheap chinese kit. I still cant complain about it though as its a nice screen in mine.

Back
Top Bottom