Overclockers UK - the past, present and future

Godfather
Godfather
I have an important announcement to make.

On 30th January 2012 I sold Overclockers UK and its associated companies to AF Gaming Gmbh, owners of well-known European distributer Caseking.

Overclockers UK was born from an idea in 1999 to offer overclocked CPUs commercially with guaranteed performance. It was an immediate hit and over the following years grew rapidly into one of the most successful online vendors of PC components and systems in the UK. The time had come for me to realise my investment and therefore hand over the company to those deserving of such responsibility.

Let me introduce you to the two new Joint Managing Directors of Overclockers UK, Toni Sonn aka CK-Toni and Kay Kostadinov aka CK-Kay. Together they have built Caseking into a force to be reckoned with having operations in Germany, France and Holland. They have Europe’s largest case range with 95% available from stock, an excellent reputation for customer service and numerous exclusive importation and distribution deals. They intend to take Overclockers UK to the next level by investing in technology, new product offerings and a strengthening of its online presence. The Company’s existing relationships with its UK customers and its long-standing suppliers as well as the Newcastle-under-Lyme premises will be further improved by the investment plans. The management teams of Overclockers UK and Caseking are keen to continue with the successful development of the combined group as a pan-European market leader. Overclockers UK and Caseking will continue to offer a constant flow of new product developments, the best performing hardware and exclusive designs to European computer enthusiasts in the future. You can read a little bit about Toni and Caseking here.

These forums were born 12 years ago, designed and created by myself as a place where like-minded people could learn and share. I am immensely proud of the forums and all that they have achieved. We have always been different – bold, outspoken and controversial – but that set us apart from the rest. Toni and Kay are totally committed to the forums and have no plans to change a winning formula.

I am very happy to have Overclockers UK in the capable hands of Toni and Kay together with existing Technical Director David Middling and Purchasing Manager Andy Gibson. I am sure that they will take the Company from strength to strength.

So what does the future hold for me? That’s something I’m looking forward to finding out, but in the meantime I have been asked to remain as an Admin of the forums and I have agreed to do so.

Finally I’d like to thank every single Overclockers UK customer, all staff and forum members who have helped make this company what it is today. An amazing chapter in the history of Overclockers UK has closed and an exciting new one has opened.

Mark “Spie” Proudfoot
Founder and former owner of Overclockers UK

Associate
Firstly a congratulations is in order to Spie, a hell of an achievement, with behind it I suspect a hell of a lot of work.

Hopefully the new owners will take note of why OcUK became successful and keep the forum community the way it is. The reason I continue to shop at OcUK as it does not feel like a faceless company, which is a point where many competitors fall down. That and I think I have actually now had more free stuff from OcUK than I have actually bought :D

Caporegime
Nice post Spie, all the best for the future. :)

After a well deserved rest, you could write a book about how your journey and experience in how you built up your empire. I'm sure many would buy it, I know I would. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom