What time does ASDA stop serving alcohol?

Soldato
Whether a 24hr store (any of them) gets a licence is down to the local council & police, not the head offices of supermarkets. If it's in a populated area (rather than on the edge of town in a retail park or such like) authorities are often reluctant to grant an extension because it can act as a magnet for, er... undesirable scrotes of all sorts.

Our store only gets a 24hr licence in the few days before Xmas, and isn't allowed to advertise it. The rest of the year it's 8am-11pm, in order to stop attracting the wrong type of customer during the night. We have enough trouble already without adding alcohol to the mix.

Andrew McP

Permabanned
Maybe he just wanted to bump an old thread which is pretty relevant to his question instead of making a new one? I know it's ibot but just maybe :D

^ This.

These days when i want to ask a question i have to find a thread thats slightly relevant to the question i want answering.

Soldato
Local ethnic store where i used to live in Notts woulod serve you booze at like 4am and put it in a box with newspaper on top so the rozzers didnt supsect anything lol

Associate
the tesco garage by me got an extension of their license to midnight (according to the notices they had to put up during the application process) and then after just a couple of days (not at a special time of year like xmas) stopped selling it after 11 again!

Back
Top Bottom