Cheap Carlsberg at Tesco

Associate
Literally the worst Cider I've ever tasted :/ Though I've never sunk as low as White Lightning etc Can get better Ciders at that price full price.

Which cider do you think is better? I'm not trying to get at you, it's a genuine question because I like cider and I wouldn't mind trying something new. Magners is about the nicest I can find around here without going to a pub and getting some on tap. Addlestones Cloudy cider is about the nicest I've found.

Associate
Permabanned
Thanks for the heads up Ben, I normally drink lager tops over here in the UK so that will do me fine. I've ordered a load of shopping with Tesco and added 4 cases, lets see if they turn up.

Soldato
Which cider do you think is better? I'm not trying to get at you, it's a genuine question because I like cider and I wouldn't mind trying something new. Magners is about the nicest I can find around here without going to a pub and getting some on tap. Addlestones Cloudy cider is about the nicest I've found.

Magners and Bulmers are basically the same, and pants, but if it's all somewhere sells I'll force myself to drink it. Addlestones is a lot better.

This, along with most of the Western's choices, and all the other proper ciders. You can normally pick up the bottles on 2 for £3 or 3 for 2 etc. in the supermarkets. Price per litre is normally less than Bulmers/Magners too, so it's win-win.

If you must have a fizzy one then try out Stowford Press, a lot better than Bulmers/Magners/Strongbow/Blackthorn, but it's normally only found on tap in pubs.

As for the OP, that's brilliantly cheap, but I don't drink it. :)

Soldato
hehe just got back picked up 2 crates of it, even tho it is a bit vile for £12 for 30 cans cant be ignored especialy when skint.

on a side note i picked up a bottle of pale ale because it was reduced to 99p a bottle and ive been wanting to try some ale for a while, so, do i chill it or what?

if it matters it called brew dog punk ipa

Permabanned
OP
hehe just got back picked up 2 crates of it, even tho it is a bit vile for £12 for 30 cans cant be ignored especialy when skint.

on a side note i picked up a bottle of pale ale because it was reduced to 99p a bottle and ive been wanting to try some ale for a while, so, do i chill it or what?

if it matters it called brew dog punk ipa

Room temperature is how ales are meant to be served from what I've read/heard.

Soldato
All of them, under suspicious circumstances as well.

I was merely reminding people of the thread topic. If you like, RTM my OP. The mods are all dead though, remember?
Lol... ok. Just think it was strange that you want a topic of 'thanks for the heads up', etc.

Back
Top Bottom