Fast food delivery insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The search engines and comparison websites (I ask them for fast food delivery and they give me standard comp quotes, not even business class :rolleyes:) aren't much help here unless I'm missing something obvious. Does anyone know any companies that do insure specifically for fast food delivery?

Man of Honour
You also need to declare your occupation as a 'Fast food delivery driver' or whatever. It is once you do this, in combination with the business use, that you'll start to find insurance is expensive or simply refused.

It's a blessing in disguise - do not do fast food delivery. The pay is rubbish, the mileage rate you get is even worse and it wrecks your car becuase you loads of miles every night around town. There is nothing worse for a car.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Have to agree with Fox, why on earth would you chose this as an occupation? The pay will be appauling and your car will get destroyed.

Soldato
OP
Problem is, even if I select business class most companies have a section "who we don't insure" in their policy which includes the usual bunch like doormen, baillifs and usually fast food delivery. I tried a couple of big comparison websites and a lot don't even have an option for that. I usually just select a delivery driver in occupation bit and business type as fast food at which point it gives me quotes but if I look closer most of those companies say that they don't offer insurnace to fast food delivery drivers.

Oh and Fox this isn't for me I don't even have a car, someone just asked me to get some quotes. At this point just want to find companies that do cover this to get some quotes.

Soldato
Donimos; last xmas I was £7.25ph + 50p per delivery

Worked out with petrol and insurance I was taking just over £6.50ph

Not too bad plus tips were alright as it was xmas time

Man of Honour
Considering they probably make about £12 profit from a £13.95 pizza, at least, I wouldn't be surprised.

'No way' as in I know quite a few people who work or have worked for Dominos, each of which have been on only a little over minimum wage. One was a supervisor and still didn't break the £8 an hour barrier.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10884253 said:
+ the fact it wrecks your car. It's ridiculous work, to be honest.

I was given a 1.2 fiesta which had 2 months mot on it so used that and chucked it away at the end

Although it all depends how you See your car, a luxury item, a work horse or a disposable throwaway item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom