Lloyds TSB Login Problem

Associate
Hi, i have this weird problem; i can get to the register/login screen using a proxy on the lloyds tsb website with no problem. But when i try to get to the same page using firefox/safari/internet explorer the screen just hangs, loading. I can't seem to figure out the problem, hopefully you guys might be able to help me.

Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Yeah i was puzzled as to why it loaded instantly through a proxy, but doesnt load using any of my normal browsers :S

Could it be a problem with my IP or something?

Caporegime
How do you mean "hangs"? You click a link from some HTTP page, and in the process of going to another it just does nothing until it times out?

I'd probably start with more detail, like whether you're using a router (and what it is) and who your ISP is. Do other HTTPS sites (like PayPal) work?

Associate
OP
It doesnt even time out, it just seems to load forever :/

Its a Linksys WRT54GL on Virgin / Telewest Broadband

The main paypal website loads, but i dont have a paypal account so i cant go further if thats what you wanted me to do, sorry.

I hope you can help, would be huge relief ;)

EDIT: The page i'm trying to get to is, https://online.lloydstsb.co.uk/customer.ibc?WT.svl=ibcplogon&WT.ac=hpIBlogon if that helps..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Try with just the cable modem?

No, the point was to see if you had some issue common to HTTPS, like a misconfigured MTU. That page loads for me, but I don't have a Lloyds TSB online account either :p

Associate
OP
Well i've only recently got the account, like the other day and since then (first time i tried to get on) it hasn't worked :/

Yeah ive got adblocker, but i disabled that, used safari - no addons, and ie - no addons, and still nothing.

Even tried a nokia 5800 browser, nothing lol :(

Associate
OP
Just tried running straight through the modem; nothing :(

Computer problem then?

But the page doesn't load on my nokia 5800 either, so im a bit puzzled :S

Could it have anything to do with my IP or something, seeing as the page does load through a proxy - just thought i'd throw that possibility in there :)

wij

wij

Associate
I'd give Lloyds a call, could just be a problem with your online ID or something if its failing to load properly.

Both my personal and business accounts with Lloyds are working fine so the system is OK.

Associate
OP
Doubt it could be my online ID,

As the registering for online banking didnt load, i registered through a proxy.

I'm currently waiting on my online ID, should be coming through the post on monday, but its useless if i can't access my account online! Apart from through a proxy, which im not even sure is completely secure :(

wij

wij

Associate
Sorry, if you don't have your online ID how do you intend to log into the service?

And no I would never put my banking information through some unknown Proxy, it was stupid enough registering that way if you want an honest opinion.

wij

wij

Associate
To login i need to get to the login page, which fails to load, thats the first hurdle :(

Ah sorry I thought you meant the login was timing out rather than the login page itself.

It is a bit of a long shot but have you tried unplugging your VM modem for 30 minutes from mains and see if it can get a new IP, then try again?

If other https sites work for you then it is a bit odd - take it you have fully cleared your browser cache and cookies etc.

Try this to just make sure https/ssl even works for you at all:

https://www.grc.com/

Associate
just a few more things..
got a laptop or another pc to test?
check for spyware/virus?
try booting off a live linux cd and see it that works

Back
Top Bottom