Dark Sub

OcUK Staff
OP
Got the board in and screwed down then :p

What CPU are you using, I'm probably being daft and missed it!

Yeah, I think I have missed a couple of screws, but will sort that soon. Having a break now and will do some more tomorrow evening.

The processor is the i5 2500k. :)

RJC

RJC

Don
Yeah, I think I have missed a couple of screws, but will sort that soon. Having a break now and will do some more tomorrow evening.

The processor is the i5 2500k. :)

In the past I kept the screws loose, which allowed slight movement of the motherboard and allowed to get the other screws in, also I found the metal clips on the rear I/O ports push the board back which was annoying :eek:

Nice CPU :)

OcUK Staff
OP
What do you guys think I should do to the backplate?

Right I have peeled it off, and the sticky bit is still on the backplate, so I will rub some thermal remover on it to take it off. :)

Caporegime
Spray the backplate black. Looking very nice, the motherboard looks fantastic. Normally im not keen on the bare aluminium internals on Lian Li's, but in this its a nice contrast with the board and the apache blacks.:)

Soldato
Black motherboards look seriously nice and I agree with setter in regards to spraying it black. I'd probably also spray the aluminium internals black as well depending on what sort of lighting your considering inside it (cathodes? LEDs?)

OcUK Staff
OP
Trying to get 3 screws into the motherboard, they do not want to go in. I have no idea why, I have tried loosening the other screws but the motherboard still doesn't move. :p

OcUK Staff
OP
They are hardly off at all. But it seems like the screw manages to go in the hole of the board and the side of the stand off so it doesn't screw in.

1309881449.jpg

1309903486.jpg

1309897579.jpg

Soldato
Maybe loosely put those 3 in first then the others? I don't really know though never had experience of them not lining up.

Are you planning the whole thing black or is there going to be some accents of colour in there? Braiding has become an obsession for me now but I think this would look good with some black / grey braided cables.

OcUK Staff
OP
If I get some time tonight, I am going to try and finally get all screws in the motherboard, we will get there! :p

Remove the Lian Li sticker from the back of the case with Tim Cleaner, remove the double sided tape off the back of the CPU backplate, add 2 Akasa Apache Black fans, onto the CPU cooler and the back of the case, and then finally add the Western Digital 640GB Black (SATA 3). :)

I shall upload more photos as I go along.

Back
Top Bottom