webcam on Zoostorm

Associate
OP
found driver eventually but Win7 not supported :mad:

looks like reinstall of Vista then :(

at least i know where all the drivers can be found now :D

thanks for the advice ;)

Associate
Did you dig that out of Zoo's website...it's not the easiest place to find stuff but there are downloads in there, unfortunately they mostly seem Vista oriented, one does talk about fn key corrections for web cam. You could always ping them on the tech support e-mail they offer out, you never know they may be working on win.7 versions.

Associate
OP
well i phoned the support team and they say the 8227 is a Mitac construction and they have no details on it, also they directed me to the mitac driver page but that does not have ant drivers for the 8227. I did download the iso for 8224 but that didn't work either.

i'm leaning towards a hardware fault as i've noticed that the red light on the webcam does not come on when laptop is powered up.

Associate
That's a difficult one I think; Mitac - from the Taiwanese island? Is the case bonded sealed or can you undo screws and open it up? How old is the beastie, I'm assuming its out of warranty? I'd not be much help even if you could open it up, apart from the dead obvious loose wire. If the machine is still of use to you then may be best just to accept the cam is dead but continue to get use from the rest of the things it does.

Associate
OP
yes, the eastern county ;)

its running a T5450 with 3gb ram 160gb hdd, 8600GS graphics with HDMI out and working great apart from the webcam, i have taken it apart as the nobo was dead when i got it and have baked the mobo and working now. I have even been using it on my 42" plasma.

i'm actually typing this on it :D

have now given up with trying to get the webcam working as virtually positive its a hardware issue.

thanks for all your advice.

Associate
Wow! Heat gun to the mobo! I've seen the technique for reviving dead games consoles. And you've got it talking to a plasma? That's amazing for what the machine is. Well done! You've taken it miles beyond what anyone would expect I'd say. Shame the cam is dead, but I agree a bridge too far.

Back
Top Bottom