St. Mary's Hospital/Asylum, Stannington, Northumberland

Associate
Visited the hospital with a few friends. Was a really exciting visit and got loads of photo's. I struggled a bit with low light as it was my first indoor shoot with low light. So these are the best i come up with so far.

dsc1406copyea1.jpg

dsc1318copyyz6.jpg

dsc1308copyyb2.jpg

dsc1316copycr7.jpg

dsc1343copyfu5.jpg

dsc1373copyzk7.jpg

dsc1408copyrr7.jpg

DSC_1349copy.jpg

DSC_1398copy.jpg

DSC_1418copy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I have visited this place about 4 or 5 times now with a few different people and I still see something new each time I go :) Did you go into the tunnels? My favorite room is the "living carpet" room upstairs!

I pulled the :eek: face at your first photo, that floor has taken two explorers legs (ie, broke them) so far as it is riddled with dry rot, as you can see by the state of the stage and numerous holes in the floor! I am surprised you made it that far without falling through!

Do you do much urbexing or is this your first venture into it? If you want more info on other sites around the north east just ask and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Craig

Associate
OP
I have visited this place about 4 or 5 times now with a few different people and I still see something new each time I go :) Did you go into the tunnels? My favorite room is the "living carpet" room upstairs!

I pulled the :eek: face at your first photo, that floor has taken two explorers legs (ie, broke them) so far as it is riddled with dry rot, as you can see by the state of the stage and numerous holes in the floor! I am surprised you made it that far without falling through!

Do you do much urbexing or is this your first venture into it? If you want more info on other sites around the north east just ask and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Craig

Hi mate. Yep, it is indeed the first time we went and my first time doing derelict explorations. and i really enjoyed it. Yeah i noticed the holes in the floor! When we were running while the timer was on, we could fell the floor sagging. Id love to know more places to go!. My mate send me a file for google earth on all the asylums and hospitals in the UK. Not too many in our region though. Hmmm, the tunnels..we did see stairs going down, we presumed it was a cellar. Are they down there?

Soldato
For something like that, I wouldn't have risked using the timer, get yourself a remote for the camera. The D40X can use an IR remote, which isn't too costly, and can save a lot of hassle...especially if the floor is week and you are running on it.

InvG

Associate
Hi mate. Yep, it is indeed the first time we went and my first time doing derelict explorations. and i really enjoyed it. Yeah i noticed the holes in the floor! When we were running while the timer was on, we could fell the floor sagging. Id love to know more places to go!. My mate send me a file for google earth on all the asylums and hospitals in the UK. Not too many in our region though. Hmmm, the tunnels..we did see stairs going down, we presumed it was a cellar. Are they down there?

The tunnels are indeed down those stairs, the ones beside the main hall with the dodgey floor :) It is covered in asbestos down there so a P3 mask is a must (not a disposable mask - something that will do Blue, Brown & White asbestos, I use a Sundstrom SR100) its worth a look.

If you head over to www.northeasturbex.co.uk you will find more info on other sites in the North East, also if you drop me a PM on there (Kona) I will see if I can get you invited to some explores, if your up for that?

Associate
OP
The tunnels are indeed down those stairs, the ones beside the main hall with the dodgey floor :) It is covered in asbestos down there so a P3 mask is a must (not a disposable mask - something that will do Blue, Brown & White asbestos, I use a Sundstrom SR100) its worth a look.

If you head over to www.northeasturbex.co.uk you will find more info on other sites in the North East, also if you drop me a PM on there (Kona) I will see if I can get you invited to some explores, if your up for that?

Thanks for the link. Yeah, that would be awesome. Just waiting for my account to be active. Wow, i really need to stock up on some kit!

Back
Top Bottom