Proving to O2 my Note 2 was not rooted

Associate
Last week my Samsung Note 2 was stuck on the Samsung Boot Screen.
Switched it off and on took battery off tried the hard reset key combo and nothing worked. After all that it doesn't power on at all. I just get the battery icon if I plug it in.

Took it to O2 who sent it to the repair centre. Got a message that the repair is not covered under warranty.
Went to the O2 shop where we called the repair centre and they say the phone has been rooted. I insisted I hadn't until they said they will reassess, but likelihood is they come up with the same BS.

O2 shop dude was helpful and said I should get them to prove my phone was rooted and to provide me that proof. Not sure what I should be asking for as proof though.

So any help in proving my phone was not rooted would be appreciated.

For the record I have never rooted it or even tried and every app was either from the Play store or the samsung store.

Soldato
Itll be Anovo.

That's what I thought. They are absolute criminal scum imo.

Let them prove to you that the phone was rooted if that is what they are claiming. Just to let you know I've been speaking to someone recently who also sent their phone to Anovo and they claimed his phone had water damage, he was able to prove it didn't and Samsung admitted that Anovo lied. My phone was recently sent to them for repairs and it came back to me with a dent in it. It then went back again to have the dent repaired and came back 2 weeks later with the dent still there, so I've no idea what they were repairing. Try and find out which repair centre has your phone.

Associate
Itll be the one in Norwich, I wont say the adress or give contact details due to my works policies but it should be easy enough to find online. Sorry I cant be more help pal. Ive just got to be careful with situations like this I'm afraid.

Soldato
Can't you just send it back to samsung like u can with apple phones?

When my iPhone 4 power button jammed and wouldn't press, I took it in store and walked out with a replacement handset that day. When my Note 2 died, I took it to a Samsung repair centre and waited without a phone for 3 weeks until they told me it was repaired, I then went to collect it to find it had a dent in it. I had to wait a further 2 weeks for this to be repaired, went to collect it again to find the dent was still there and they had repaired nothing. After 5 and a half weeks I gave up, now they have said they will replace the handset.

My advice to the OP is deal with o2 directly, avoid dealing with Samsung, they are a joke. The main repair centre they use is Anovo who are a bunch of crooks, they have been caught lying claiming handsets have water damage which voids warranty. OP - email me if you want, I can provide you with some links to read through.

Soldato
When I raised mine through Samsung they picked it up and sent it to an "Authorized repair Centre"

Yup :( Took their "Authorised Repair Centre" nearly two months to sort my wifes GS2, same fault from start to finished and they claimed to have fixed it three times, the first time they couldn't even find the problem!

Soldato
My latest experience with my S3 will make this my last ever Samsung handset I'm afraid.

Although its all sorted now & I won't bore everyone with the tale, it involved Anovo and some blatant lies.

Thankfully Orange were very good and helped me throughout.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hear nothing but complaints about anovo IMHO folk should spam Samsung with complaints and every tech site, they want driving out of business.

Back
Top Bottom