Living in Maidstone - anyone?

Soldato
No it isn't :confused:

It's in Earl Street, which runs parallel to the high street. Oh, and it's practically next to a giant multi storey car park.

When your used to retail parks/shopping centres with plentiful amounts of easy access, decently sized bays that are free to park it, queueing up on a *weekday* to get into a cramped multi storey that charges you, just so you can eat at Pizza Express, is a PITA!

Associate
Was thinking further down than Penenden Heath really so guess it'd just be town centre. A friend of mine grew up just along from the Heath

Penenden Heath stretches quite far down Boxley Road, but yes the bottom quarter or so of it (near the prison) would just be town centre really. Perhaps it was the name of the road that you were thinking of when you said Boxley.

I live in Penenden Heath myself, pretty handy for being able to walk to town/Maidstone East in 10 minutes or so, as well as being the right side of town for the motorways.

Associate
When your used to retail parks/shopping centres with plentiful amounts of easy access, decently sized bays that are free to park it, queueing up on a *weekday* to get into a cramped multi storey that charges you, just so you can eat at Pizza Express, is a PITA!

Fair enough - I live close enough to walk down so don't have to worry about that too much.

There are other car parks on the other side of the one way system which are pay and display type open car parks only a few minutes walk from Pizza Express. What's your obsession with Pizza Express anyway? :D

Soldato
Good to see there's a few of us around this way - I've lived here for all my 49 years so know the Medway area very well, and I do like Rochester.

Didn't realise there were quite so many of us! :)

True but then you are coming into a town centre not a retail park...If you wanted somewhere to eat with plenty of free parking could try The Village in which has a nice bar/grill and a very nice restaurant...

Penenden Heath stretches quite far down Boxley Road, but yes the bottom quarter or so of it (near the prison) would just be town centre really. Perhaps it was the name of the road that you were thinking of when you said Boxley.

I think I must have been...lol I'm more of a South Maidstone chap... (tring to remain nice and respectable in the middle of Shepway...lol ;)

I live in Penenden Heath myself, pretty handy for being able to walk to town/Maidstone East in 10 minutes or so, as well as being the right side of town for the motorways.

I vaguely remember a few drunken walks back to Penenden Heath and crashing over at my mate's house....good times...though I wouldn't like to have been the owners of the end house on Curzon Road who would have woken up to find their garden wall damp and stinking of wee after one particularly big group night out in Lashings (back when it was really good)...lol

Soldato
I lived in Headcorn for a little over a year. Really nice town, mostly professionals commuting into London. REALLY boring for an ex-Londoner though, two pubs and only one of those had passable beer/lovely barmaids :D

Soldato
I have a mate that lives in Maidstone, he said it's pretty good and that the people that say it's a ****hole should see the outside world and then come back, they'll more than likely change their stance.

Are you looking to buy or rent?

Back
Top Bottom