Failed driving test :(

Associate
Totally gutted, I felt my test went perfect and honestly feel robbed & cheated.

Little old man with a smirk telling me I'd failed, I swear I nearly hit him!

Turns out him and my instructor once had an argument and my instructor called him a *****...Think this might have had any effect? DAMN RIGHT! :mad:

How debatable is mirrors? I'm so blatant with them aswell.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Soldato
I failed my test twice before passing, it's a horrible feeling. On both occassions I had very few minor faults, 3 and 4, but got 1 major on each test, stupidm ones to boot.

Caporegime
If you react like this to a failed test, how on earth will you react to an actual serious situation whilst behind the wheel of a ton of steel?

Associate
OP
If you react like this to a failed test, how on earth will you react to an actual serious situation whilst behind the wheel of a ton of steel?

Reacting like this due to me feeling cheated. This is totally different circumstances to dealing with an issue on the road?

Associate
Did you get your test sheet back highlighting which majors were marked?

The snickering is rather unprofessional. Maybe you can put forward a complaint and ensure that you get a different examiner for your next test.

Associate
OP
^^ this.

I love how most new drivers assume that passing the test = being able to drive.

You learn far more in your first 6 months alone on the road than you do in the lessons before passing your test.

Maybe so but for 40min's my drive was near perfect!

What exactly did you fail on?

I thought my test went horribly and passed, it's just your luck on the day!

Use of mirrors changing direction.

Associate
^^ this.

I love how most new drivers assume that passing the test = being able to drive.

You learn far more in your first 6 months alone on the road than you do in the lessons before passing your test.

Very true, I remember having a discussion with my dad:

Me: I've passed my driving test
Dad: Well done, now you'll learn how to drive.

Associate
OP
Instructor told me not to place a complaint because it will go against him and might go against me in my next test. He said he'll come along with me next time if it's the same instructor.

Caporegime
Unless things have changed, when I took my drivinf test I was told the following:

Always try and get the first test of the day.

Otherwise, if the tester happened to have the world's most perfect driver before you, then your minor mistakes will show up more. Of course, it would work to your advantage if the previous one was useless but better to have a "clean slate"

Secondly, testors were expected to fail a certain percentage of drivers. So if he had passed loads of people that week and needed to get his percentage down, then he might fail you for minor things when on another day you would have passed.

Don't let it get you down. You'll pass next time.

Statistically speaking, drivers who failed their first test are less likely to have an accident.

POB

POB

Soldato
People cling on to anything as an excuse why they failed.

Why would a examiner fail someone out of spite? They are only giving the instructor more money from additional lessons.

Soldato
Looking for excuses won't help anything, you failed, he wouldn't fail you without reason, get over it and try again in a month or so.

I failed my test first time too, 2 minors and 1 major, I know that it was the other persons fault but I should have anticipated it, therefore I failed

Back
Top Bottom