Bitcoin mining

Associate
Very nice , what are you getting on the 7970 for LTC?

I'm on 510Kh/s can't seem to get it any higher :(

That's at 1200/1770 clocks too!

First is 7970 is underclocked to 925-1375 gets 504 kh @66 degree, fan 65%
second 7970 is underclocked to 880-1375 gets 482kh @73 degree, fan 75%

They were clocked to 1125-1575 and getting 630kh each but they were just to hot, this is more acceptable for my gaming rig. Just on GPU (low usage) defaults as well (GUIMiner)

Last edited:
Soldato
First is 7970 is underclocked to 925-1375 gets 504 kh @66 degree, fan 65%
second 7970 is underclocked to 880-1375 gets 482kh @73 degree, fan 75%

They were clocked to 1125-1575 and getting 630kh each but they were just to hot, this is more acceptable for my gaming rig. Just on GPU (low usage) defaults as well (GUIMiner)

Ahh ok nice - I'm at 969-1700 and currently doing 615Kh/s, so not too bad now, currently at 1.175v so seems ok.

And I'm on water, so temp is 48c :)

Soldato
Damn Nvidia. 42 kh lol absolutely pointless.

Has anyone been successful in purchasing LTC from a UK bank account. From what I'm reading it's a right pain.

Nope - still looking, if you find a way let me know!

Currently mining LTC at 700Kh/s but getting some lag in chrome etc - what should I lower to counter this? My 650Kh/s is MUCH different, so I can't even make it similar to reduce the lag!

Soldato
Nope - still looking, if you find a way let me know!

Currently mining LTC at 700Kh/s but getting some lag in chrome etc - what should I lower to counter this? My 650Kh/s is MUCH different, so I can't even make it similar to reduce the lag!

What are you using for LTC? I tried give-me-ltc and it refused to connect. I tried litepool.eu, but gave up because there was nothing to indicate I was actually generating any LTC.

Associate
What are you using for LTC? I tried give-me-ltc and it refused to connect. I tried litepool.eu, but gave up because there was nothing to indicate I was actually generating any LTC.

Im using give-me-ltc now, think you can only use http://pool.give-me-ltc.com port 8080 no stratum, they having problems with stratum.

Lol well i did 10 mins ago when i updated my clock speeds, seems the whole site is now down.

Last edited:
Associate
Im using give-me-ltc now, think you can only use http://pool.give-me-ltc.com port 8080 no stratum, they having problems with stratum.

Yup those are the setting I used around 2 hours a go. Working fine.

Make sure you have a worker setup in your account on give-me-ltc.com

It will be yourusername.1 and give it a password. Then stick those details into GUIMiner

Soldato
They've just passed 200 USD. I've been keeping an eye on the prices for the past few days and it's crazy how fast it's rising.

Still, the longer it keeps going like that, the faster I can cash out the proceeds of my mining.

Soldato
Giving this a try just to see how it all works.

Got a Bitcoin wallet all sycned and downloaded GUIMiner. Signed up to the give-me-ltc pool and put my details into GUIM, but it just says "Connecting..." whilst using ~25% of my CPU for the past 5 minutes+. What am I doing wrong?

Associate
Giving this a try just to see how it all works.

Got a Bitcoin wallet all sycned and downloaded GUIMiner. Signed up to the give-me-ltc pool and put my details into GUIM, but it just says "Connecting..." whilst using ~25% of my CPU for the past 5 minutes+. What am I doing wrong?

Did you make a worker name with your username in Give Me LTC my account, which is then added to GUIMiner and only use this address

http://pool.give-me-ltc.com port 8080
use stratum (No)

Plus check Device in GUIMiner to make sure its the GPU and not the CPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok had a few things wrong. It did something because my driver recovered from a problem when I started it :p. And I've now got some figures at the bottom (but all 0/0% etc).

In Summary it says Connection problems. I'm using http://pool.give-me-ltc.com port 8080, no stratum, and worker details (ie Username.1).

Can you explain exactly how you got it working? Because mine still just says "connection problems". I even tried putting a ".1" after my username as you suggested, but it didn't help.

7RSIngo.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Just started running LTC, generating around 800k so I guess that equates to around £8 a day or so. It more than covers the energy bill and the long term costs look stable.

Not going to get rich out of it, but it's just equipment that's kicking about the house.

Soldato
Can you explain exactly how you got it working? Because mine still just says "connection problems". I even tried putting a ".1" after my username as you suggested, but it didn't help.

7RSIngo.png

I didn't get it working :(. Still had the connection problems. It's on my work PC where I don't pay for bills so can't try anything else at home.

Back
Top Bottom