Failed driving test :(

Associate
OP
People cling on to anything as an excuse why they failed.

Why would a examiner fail someone out of spite? They are only giving the instructor more money from additional lessons.

Seriously I'm not a biased person, I fully understand when I make a mistake they happen all the time! But this was a situation I know was fine and to fail on something to trivial is ludicrous.

Having someone not pass goes against the instructor and their reputation, reputation is much more important that a few more £20 notes from me.

Man of Honour
You didnt fail your test because the examiner was a ****. You didnt fail the test because the examiner fell out with the instructor. You didnt fail the test because there is a quota.

You failed the test because your driving was below that required for a pass.

It's that simple. Suck it up, learn some more, and try again.

Secondly, testors were expected to fail a certain percentage of drivers. So if he had passed loads of people that week and needed to get his percentage down, then he might fail you for minor things when on another day you would have passed.

This is complete rubbish and utterly false.

You fail for one reason and one reason alone: Because your driving on the day was not at the required standard. No ifs, no buts.

Caporegime
Secondly, testors were expected to fail a certain percentage of drivers. So if he had passed loads of people that week and needed to get his percentage down, then he might fail you for minor things when on another day you would have passed.

Lol, people still believe that crap?

It's an urban legend, made up by people who were miffed that they sucked when on the test.

Associate
I'm confused. A driving test follows DVLA guidelines - to fail you'll need to have driven in a way that contradicts one or more of the "major faults", or a larger number of "minor faults".

You're given a copy of the document at the end - what exactly does it say you did wrong?

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;16112367 said:
You didnt fail your test because the examiner was a ****. You didnt fail the test because the examiner fell out with the instructor. You didnt fail the test because there is a quota.

You failed the test because your driving was below that required for a pass.

It's that simple. Suck it up, learn some more, and try again.

This is complete rubbish and utterly false.

You fail for one reason and one reason alone: Because your driving on the day was not at the required standard. No ifs, no buts.

I know somebody who failed because they didn't ask the driving instructor to put on their seatbelt when she turned on the engine - yet they did the whole 40 minute test and she only got 3 minors. It's quite clear to me that examiners can be ridiculous if they chose to be.

POB

POB

Soldato
I know somebody who failed because they didn't ask the driving instructor to put on their seatbelt when she turned on the engine - yet they did the whole 40 minute test and she only got 3 minors. It's quite clear to me that examiners can be ridiculous if they chose to be.

How can that be a fail, unless the instructor was under 13 years old?

Soldato

I heard this story too from one of my friends, tbh it is bull, no examiner could get away with that

Man of Honour

That might be what they told you, its unlikely to be the reality.

Soldato
some instructers work differently from others, and unfortunately they can fail you on things that you may not see as serious, however in the real world it can save you from dangerous situation.

Back
Top Bottom