"Asda Magic"

Associate
Which Asda is it? I work at Eastlands in Manchester on the checkouts. I am contracted to work 16 hours a week but there is always overtime going. I only work part time whilst at university but a friend of mine who is also contracted to work 16 hours usually always works at least double that.

The interview was a group session which involved having to write and sing a song :|. They then called me back for a 1 to 1 interview the next day too.

I go in there pretty much every day :D

Associate
I used to work in my local Asda, and it is like people have said, there will be a group interview in which you talk to the person next to you, then introduce them to everyone else.
Then they split us into groups of about 5, and gave us all an item each, and we had to come up with a little advert for it and act it out in front of everyone.

The group interviews always sound a lot worse than they are, and my store always had extra hours going, so will be a great job if you are flexible with your hours.

And most of all.... Good Luck!!

Soldato
I've only been to one group interview, at Comet of all places.

Draw a picture of your best day, answer a load of questions as a group, then a one on one interview.

They asked me why I wanted the job, I replied "because I enjoy sales, and I want to be part of someones good retail experience, I want to be the nice helpful guy that people talk about when a happy customer tells a potential customer about the great retail experience they had at Comet"

Needless to say, I didnt get the Job.
;)

Draw a picture of your day... I just had that at the start of a 3.5 hour interview, in which I was grilled by 5 people.

I can't draw for toffee, draw a picture of your day, ffs, ice breaking piece of ****, *mumble* *mumble*.

Caporegime
group interviews allow companies to disciminate against people with a disability which is why they are so popular these days.

The Tribunal agreed that Ms Lowe had been placed at a substantial disadvantage compared to those candidates who were not disabled. However, the Cabinet Office gave evidence to support the fact that disabled candidates must be assessed objectively against the competencies and that no allowances are made for any disabled candidate by being afforded a lower pass mark or a lower standard for any competency. The Tribunal accepted this argument and agreed that it was not reasonable to adjust the competencies themselves, or the way in which the competencies were assessed. It held that removing the disadvantage that Ms Lowe suffered due to her condition would destroy the essence of the exercise and therefore the claim failed.
ridiculous

someone with a mental disability could stack shelves or man tills easily yet fail a group interview test garunteed every time

Soldato
So I decided to apply for the only available job at Asda in Greater Manchester, and about 2 hours later I got an email back saying I was invited to the "Asda Magic"
1: Does anyone know exactly what goes on when at this assessment?

My guess is it involves playing with wands
and robe and wizard hat

They asked me why I wanted the job, I replied "because I enjoy sales, and I want to be part of someones good retail experience, I want to be the nice helpful guy that people talk about when a happy customer tells a potential customer about the great retail experience they had at Comet"

Needless to say, I didnt get the Job.
;)

maybe if you'd let out a small tear?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
asking why someone wants a entry level job is on par with asking why someone needs to breath. iv actually answered with the honest answer before now and even made some manager launch his coffee over the desk "MONEY!"

and i got the job as he said i was at least honest about what motivated me rather than trying to butter him up by kissing his backside.

Soldato
Haha, Eastlands is where I do my shopping as well, compared to the hulme store (which is on my drive home from work) it is paradise.

I live a short walk down the road from Hulme ASDA. Damn, that place is like a cattlemarket. I'd hate to work in that.

Soldato
My guess is it involves playing with wands
and robe and wizard hat

maybe if you'd let out a small tear?

Possibly ;).

I was trying to get out of parcel delivery and into retail/sales so was applying to every sales/retail job advertised and had never been to a group interview before and had to go during work as it was, I'd done no prep and was making it up as I went along.
I dont think laughing in the interviewers face when she told me what the pay was helped either.
"Atractive rates of pay" is not an adequete description of "minimum wage plus 5%".

Soldato
Assad 'magic'? Group interviews? Grocery 'colleague'? Sounds like Hell! I can't get on with that business speak stuff 'n' none sense.

Back
Top Bottom