How to bank transfer online with Natwest

Associate
Been looking at online banking but can't find it, there was one section that was called bank transfer but that wanted me to have some sort of card swiper which I don't have.

Soldato
This is why I use HSBC for day to day stuff. The additional layer of security is good but very inconvenient.

Soldato
While you're waiting for your card reader to arrive, you can ring the telephone banking team on 08457 888 444 (01274 394611 is the same service and may be free depending on your telco deal). They will be able to order a reader for you, as well as add any payees and make transfers over the phone.

Associate
While you're waiting for your card reader to arrive, you can ring the telephone banking team on 08457 888 444 (01274 394611 is the same service and may be free depending on your telco deal). They will be able to order a reader for you, as well as add any payees and make transfers over the phone.

I tried that and they couldnt help me - think you can only do it using card reader now

Caporegime
Extra security and a little inconvenience = good idea.

It can go too far though. My gf has opened a new account with Tesco's I beleive.

So far she has received a dongle calculator thing, a user id, a user pin number and a first time pin number.

All of them are 16 charactors long and are impossible to memorise so she has to keep them written down which kinda defeats the point.

Soldato
It can go too far though. My gf has opened a new account with Tesco's I beleive.

So far she has received a dongle calculator thing, a user id, a user pin number and a first time pin number.

All of them are 16 charactors long and are impossible to memorise so she has to keep them written down which kinda defeats the point.
16 numbers is easy to remember, just break it down.

Soldato
Extra security and a little inconvenience = good idea.

I disagree. It's not convenient to carry my card reader around with me so that I can make transfers from home or work. I make a lot of transfers so this pretty much renders this account useless for everyday use. I'll therefore use my HSBC account which doesn't require a card reader.

Caporegime
I disagree. It's not convenient to carry my card reader around with me so that I can make transfers from home or work. I make a lot of transfers so this pretty much renders this account useless for everyday use. I'll therefore use my HSBC account which doesn't require a card reader.

I bet you carry your phone everywhere... and your wallet... and possibly a diary, hell probably an iPod or similar.
All of the above are bigger than the card reader (except if it's an iPod nano :p)

Stop talking out of your arse for the sake of a petty point.

Soldato

Phone up NatWest.
Ask for a second card reader - one at home, one at work.
Problem sorted.

More security = a good thing.

Soldato
I bet you carry your phone everywhere... and your wallet... and possibly a diary, hell probably an iPod or similar.
All of the above are bigger than the card reader (except if it's an iPod nano :p)

Stop talking out of your arse for the sake of a petty point.

Maybe you would like to elaborate how I am "talking out of my arse" because I find the card reader inconvenient? There is no way I will carry around a card reader alongside my phone and wallet. That's quite frankly ridiculous.

Because I will need the card reader at work AND home then it's far easier to use my HSBC account. That's my choice :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom