How do I get money out of my Santander ISA?

Permabanned
I want to get the money out of my santander isa and into my halifax current account. On santander banking i've clicked on all the tabs relating to paying someone, or moving the money etc but it just comes back with this

Error code: EBAN_0004

There are no valid accounts (Linked to your card) available for this transaction.

What does this mean? How do I get my money?

Soldato
im not 100% sure how these work as some have different terms but as long as it not a fixed isa you should be able to move it.

best thing to do is ring santander , they will give you the best advice!

Permabanned
OP
FFS, i have online banking so i don't have to waste my phone bill sitting on hold for 5 minutes listening to crap music, how backwards are santander that they won't let me withdraw my funds using online banking.

Caporegime
hello i am the owner of satander ferando alonso and i would love to help you out with this request could you please contact me via trust with these details bank account , sort code , iban number , mothers maiden name , your password and a scan of your passport or drivers license..

i will then clear all funds from your bank account as there does infact seem to be a bloackage maybe you deposited to much in one go and blocked the pipe! once the pipeline is clear i will givde you the go ahead to transfer the funds

Soldato
FFS, i have online banking so i don't have to waste my phone bill sitting on hold for 5 minutes listening to crap music, how backwards are santander that they won't let me withdraw my funds using online banking.

if its not letting you transfer the money then its proberly because you cant online.

you really should phone them or even better walk round to your local santander?

you have to remember ISA has lots of terms and is not just any old account!

Soldato
If it is anything like the Halifax ISA I can't transfer money out of it without putting it into a Halifax Current Account.

I'm sure that in order to have the Santander ISA you're expected to have a current account with them as well, so if you did I would expect that option to be available.

Associate
I think you will find that many companies will require an instruction in writing (my ISA provider requires this) simply because it is quite a big move! If they move the money and you later come back saying that you didnt understand the implications of moving the money out of a tax wrapper and more importantly that you were not aware that you cant move it back in (depending on ISA limits) then you would potentially be financial disadvantaged and can complain :/

Permabanned
OP
I just phoned up, had a ton of security questions, they even wanted my national insurance number :confused: and then at the end they said they couldn't transfer out my ISA because it is too much money to transfer out in one go, so i have to go to my local branch with passport and all sorts of other documents :mad: I asked how much i could transfer out on my first go and she then went on to say that information is not released for security reasons.

It's unbelievable tbh. I might open up a santander current account online just so i can transfer the money into that and then transfer the money from the current account to where i actually want it. This is a huge amount of hassle for me because the nearest Santander is a 20 minute car journey. It's also wrong imo seen as i applied for the ISA online and have never stepped foot in a Santander ever. They are more than happy to take my money but they don't want me to take it back do they :mad:

I had a Barclays ISA before this and as much as i dislike Barclays at least I was able to fully manage my finances online with them.

It's not even real money, the banks aren't going to have to exchange gold reserves over my measly amount of cash. It's just numbers on a hard drive. I haven't even had a paper statement lmao.

Last edited:
Associate
I just phoned up, had a ton of security questions, they even wanted my national insurance number :confused: and then at the end they said they couldn't transfer out my ISA because it is too much money to transfer out in one go, so i have to go to my local branch with passport and all sorts of other documents :mad: I asked how much i could transfer out on my first go and she then went on to say that information is not released for security reasons.

It's unbelievable tbh. I might open up a santander current account online just so i can transfer the money into that and then transfer the money from the current account to where i actually want it. This is a huge amount of hassle for me because the nearest Santander is a 20 minute car journey. It's also wrong imo seen as i applied for the ISA online and have never stepped foot in a Santander ever. They are more than happy to take my money but they don't want me to take it back do they :mad:

I had a Barclays ISA before this and as much as i dislike Barclays at least I was able to fully manage my finances online with them.

It's not even real money, the banks aren't going to have to exchange gold reserves over my measly amount of cash. It's just numbers on a hard drive. I haven't even had a paper statement lmao.

I had this problem with my Santander ISA! Theres no way to transfer out of a ISA to a external bank. The only way is to transfer from the ISA to another Santander account within the same eBanking account then transfer to the external bank from that. I'm in the process of moving my ISA's elsewhere cause I'm fed up with it :p

Associate

First question is when did you last pay into the ISA? The start of the new tax year was april 6/7th. Need to know this to know what terms and conditions they had when you took it out.

Is it instant access ? Are you bound in for 2 years ( which santander do a lot btw). Easiest way to sort this is to go to a branch. :)

Source I work in a compeitors bank :p

Back
Top Bottom